Lock up not until 50mph with the BT box

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
Like cknight said, turn the ignition to "run" without starting the truck. With your foot off the brake pedal, push the throttle down to the floor and count how long it takes for the light to go green. That tells you what the delay is set at without having to drive the truck and guess if the converter is locking or not.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
How do you program them?

Some of the boxes are programmable (unlocked) and others are locked with a specified setting from the factory (Ben). He did this because some people would try to program them and then mess it up and call Ben saying that it wasn't working properly. If yours is locked, you must get an unlocked version from Ben. And the way to program them is in the instructions on his website.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
6.4.0 is the first software rev that has the ability to adjust lockup delay, so you'll have to upgrade.

Send me a PM with your shipping address and Ill send you a new one with the latest software at no cost. (just pay return shipping on the old box)

Ben

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I played around a bit last night. Turns out my blue light does turn green at full throttle. I've just never taken the time to look at it since wide open throttle usually means the truck is sideways.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I've just never taken the time to look at it since wide open throttle usually means the truck is sideways.

Lol.
mine turns green whenever the converter is force locked

Maybe try and put a sec or two delay on lock up and see if that will help keep it straight more easily when pounding the throttle, the ass end would kick out on me when the TC locked when I first hooked up the l/u box, then I figured out how to set the delay, and I think 1-2 sec delay is pretty nice for the street, for me anyways, I've got a pretty tight converter and the delay helps the rpm's stay up and allows the engine to stay on top of the charger after a shift or rolling into the throttle maintaining the gear, and the ass end isn't as likely to swing out now, seems like with the 0sec delay the instant tq input was just too much for sane street driving requirements, and my heavy right foot;) now that the new has worn off some, I only use the l/u box when someone wants to go, otherwise I wind up driving waaaaay to fast everywhere just trying to get that lock up rush:joker:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Gaylon I sent your box out yesterday, so you should receive it in the next couple days. When you get the new one, if you could just mail the old one back to me that would be great.

thanks
Ben