lock up box installed...awesome.

guytonLBZ

Apr 15, 2010
got Ben's lock up box installed and it works GREAT. test drove it last night and when you hit the green button you deffently feel it...BUT i did run into 2 snags
1. followed all the step by step instructions and i have a orange wire with a black tracer left over.
2. when i drove it this morning and went to back up it threw me a "RANGE SHIFT INHIBITED" and i could not back up...

anybody have any thoughts to this?

thanks

Last edited:

guytonLBZ

Apr 15, 2010
its not throwing a CEL but there was a P0742 in there...and now i have reverse again...

anybody got any thoughts on this?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
This happened to my buddies LMM... he forced lockup a bunch of times, lost reverse, then shut the truck off and restarted. Reverse came back

guytonLBZ

Apr 15, 2010
All is good and is figured out. minor glitch is all. thanks for the call Ben! cant wait to get it to the track.:thumb:

guytonLBZ

Apr 15, 2010
It helps when people tell what solved the problem for others in need

good point.:D came from force locking& force unlocking the TC at low speed, low rpms, and low Throttle position. i was testing it in our parking lot to make sure everything worked before i headed home. and done it again this morning which tripped a P0742 and lost reverse. cut power for 10seconds and it was reset. i hope that answers your questions and others learn from this.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
I wish our tracks are open already. I have a lockup controller on the way too and can't wait to try it

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
May 19 is my first run of the year lol. edmonton opens end of april but then i'm heading to georgia/florida to get my new racetrailer so i'll be back like may 10th or so. Track close to me (medicine hat) opens may 19 weekend.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
good point.:D came from force locking& force unlocking the TC at low speed, low rpms, and low Throttle position. i was testing it in our parking lot to make sure everything worked before i headed home. and done it again this morning which tripped a P0742 and lost reverse. cut power for 10seconds and it was reset. i hope that answers your questions and others learn from this.

read here

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Tony, he is working on making larger batches to send out before making more commitments. He has overextended his capabilities before and the stress isnt worth it to him. he'll get back to you with prices, ETA, etc when he is ready to send more out.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Just went back and it read the same ;) You were cheerleading how awesome it works. But then complain about it not working as advertised in the same post lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Not for nuttin but it sounds like it was operator error that caused the problem with the lock up box and prior to that (messing with it in the parking lot at low speed ,low RPM forcing lock and unlock which sounds like you aren't suppose to do as it isn't designed to work that way) it was working great!

Thats from someone (me) that knows squat about it ,doesn't have one and has no need for one. One thing I do know is Ben and he will gladly give him his money back if he wasn't 100% happy with the product.

One negative about Ben although I see is his customer care. He might be busy and grew larger than anticipated in a short time he needs to call potential customers back or e-mail or even PM, something ,besides just ignoring them! I'm sure he is driven crazy with redundant questions but even so he needs to give customers the time of day if you will.

Seeing what Tony posted above and I've seen others also isn't good. Besides the PM's I get looking for his phone number! Which I do not have!

Last edited:

dieseltwodoor

Apr 13, 2010
Alberta
May 19 is my first run of the year lol. edmonton opens end of april but then i'm heading to georgia/florida to get my new racetrailer so i'll be back like may 10th or so. Track close to me (medicine hat) opens may 19 weekend.

See you at Med Hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding porcelain.