LMM: LMM Tow tune

jwrkansas

Mar 3, 2012
Ha! we're posting on top of eachother. I like your idea of just using b2225 just never thought about it. Why do you say desired boost doesnt work? The boost my truck logs shows that it works and slows the truck very well.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Ha! we're posting on top of eachother. I like your idea of just using b2225 just never thought about it. Why do you say desired boost doesnt work? The boost my truck logs shows that it works and slows the truck very well.

Normal trucks may work fine. In my particular truck with a stock lbz and a stock lly turbo, I really had to use max and min vane to make it boost right. My truck was just weird maybe

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

CDR

Apr 19, 2009
That's the minimum vane position table. Not much of a difference between 95 and 100, but gives it alittle wiggle room. Pretty much the vane max and min is what you need to tune by, the desired boost really doesn't work very well.

Got it so the minimal level at 0mm3 would be 95

CDR

Apr 19, 2009
I really wish someone had a tune for my operating system that I could see. Oh well hopefully this works

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Dumb question, but you do know that you have to be in M mode and in tow haul (to lock the converter) and above whatever RPM you set it to come on at (1800 for example)...

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Dumb question, but you do know that you have to be in M mode and in tow haul (to lock the converter) and above whatever RPM you set it to come on at (1800 for example)...

You don't have to be in M. But you need to be in t/h or 5th gear or above in normal.

jwrkansas

Mar 3, 2012
I heard thats a no no??

Why is it a no-no?? Ive seen alot of files with a t-brake written this way. This is what gives you the option of having it in a dsp5 format. With the other option its on all the time.

CDR

Apr 19, 2009
Why is it a no-no?? Ive seen alot of files with a t-brake written this way. This is what gives you the option of having it in a dsp5 format. With the other option its on all the time.

intersting spin on it

CDR

Apr 19, 2009
View attachment 27439

try this and see if it willl work

Same exact results as yesterday but now that it happened twice I could comment on the results. Truck starts cold turbo goes to 100% commanded vane position at idle. Turbo veins never opened up to zero at Idle. Proceeding to drive truck while decelerating with torque converter locked vane position gets up to 75%. Around the time the truck hits 140° the vein position will open up at idle again and turbo break won't work at all.

So confused..