LMM: LMM Tow tune

CDR

Apr 19, 2009
I been trying all week to make a turbo brake tune with only some luck... could anyone provide me with a example of one they made that worked? Thanks so much

Dave

nar

Now with less _
Feb 7, 2008
Wyoming
Posting from my phone so can't show you the tune. Go search on dieselplace, there are a couple example tunes for it.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
and set the boost table to 30psi or so in the corresponding cells to the vane cells. LMM's will acheive the desired boost that is in the stock boost table in the higher rpm cells of the boost table by doing the exhaust brake function when you are decelerating so you have to raise the boost to an unachievablelevel to make the turbo keep try to make the boost by closing the vanes.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
and set the boost table to 30psi or so in the corresponding cells to the vane cells. LMM's will acheive the desired boost that is in the stock boost table in the higher rpm cells of the boost table by doing the exhaust brake function when you are decelerating so you have to raise the boost to an unachievablelevel to make the turbo keep try to make the boost by closing the vanes.

Is this just on the lmm's or is it Lbz's also?

CDR

Apr 19, 2009
I CAN NOT GET IT TO WORK!!! :violent: I played with it for the last two days. It worked once when the motor was cold the vane position got to 75% and one it was warmed up it wouldn't go above 55% could you guys take a peek at this and tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• LMM stage 1 brake.tun
    1.8 MB · Views: 69

jwrkansas

Mar 3, 2012
You need to adjust all of your desired boost tables. Yours all look stock, the vane pos tables look ok

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
That's the minimum vane position table. Not much of a difference between 95 and 100, but gives it alittle wiggle room. Pretty much the vane max and min is what you need to tune by, the desired boost really doesn't work very well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

jwrkansas

Mar 3, 2012
And fwiw ive never had to adjust b2225 in any of my tow brakes and they all work great. But who knows, maybe its just another method of doing it that i dont know about. The first screen shot catman posted should get ya there.