LMM Swap into LLY Truck

79LT1Monte

Apr 18, 2022
Looking for the best way to swap my LMM into my 2004 LLY truck. I have everything from the LMM donor swapped into a 1998 truck now and I'm just not happy with the truck itself being kind of Frankenstein and I want to redo it cleaner into this 2004. I want all of the gauges to work, ABS, cruise control, etc with no warning lights or messages. My question is are people re pinning the 2004 BCM with the serial data wires from the LMM PCM and TCM to make it all talk or are you some how running both BCM's in the truck? Again I want everything to work and look factory like DuraBurb and companies like that are doing. Thanks in advance.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Looking for the best way to swap my LMM into my 2004 LLY truck. I have everything from the LMM donor swapped into a 1998 truck now and I'm just not happy with the truck itself being kind of Frankenstein and I want to redo it cleaner into this 2004. I want all of the gauges to work, ABS, cruise control, etc with no warning lights or messages. My question is are people re pinning the 2004 BCM with the serial data wires from the LMM PCM and TCM to make it all talk or are you some how running both BCM's in the truck? Again I want everything to work and look factory like DuraBurb and companies like that are doing. Thanks in advance.
Can't do it. LMM modules talk different languages from the LLY modules. Only way to do something along the lines of what you're talking about is ditch the LMM harnesses, find LBZ harnesses and ECM, TCM and GPCM. Those would be able to communicate with the rest of the trucks modules. Or a total interior swap, if a GMT900 interior could be bolted into a GMT800 truck.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Can't do it. LMM modules talk different languages from the LLY modules. Only way to do something along the lines of what you're talking about is ditch the LMM harnesses, find LBZ harnesses and ECM, TCM and GPCM. Those would be able to communicate with the rest of the trucks modules. Or a total interior swap, if a GMT900 interior could be bolted into a GMT800 truck.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Pretty much this. interior swap isnt a bolt in, it will need alot of fab work to get it all to fit

the good part is the LMM is basically a LBZ so you just need the harnesses and computers. if you have a early LMM with the a40 tcm, i think you can keep that and just flash a LBZ os in it. might even be able to do that with an a50. if its the newer t13 or what ever it is, not sure on that but i think its still possible.