LMM PS Battery Delete

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I did some searching and couldn't find anything so I thought I'd start a thread. I'm new to all this stuff and when taking my motor out I realized that the starter comes off the PS battery as well as the glow plugs. The glow plugs I'm deleting so no worries. But what do you guys do for the starter, looking for idea's. All the wires run from the fuse block on the PS firewall. Can someone tell me exactly what the wire does that feeds across the fire wall back to the fuse block on the DS? Can I just get rid of all that and go directly from the DS battery?

Attachments

• Oshkosh 2010 LMM swap 003.jpg
    Oshkosh 2010 LMM swap 003.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 43

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
DO you have to delete it Dave or can you move it to the pass side outside frame Like Josh has ?
I don't have to but from what I've read you realy don't need it. I'm going with big Twins and if it's a total PITA I'll put it on the frame like Josh.
You need to keep the fuses that are in there. I can see what I can find in Gm service info.

If I have to keep the fuse's it's probably easier just to mount the batter over on the frame. I just thought I'd ask you guys about it. I'm assuming you have 2 baterries Henry with your twins?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I don't have to but from what I've read you realy don't need it. I'm going with big Twins and if it's a total PITA I'll put it on the frame like Josh.

If I have to keep the fuse's it's probably easier just to mount the batter over on the frame. I just thought I'd ask you guys about it. I'm assuming you have 2 baterries Henry with your twins?

I only have 1 and the grid heater is not turned on and it starts up fine in the cold.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I only have 1 and the grid heater is not turned on and it starts up fine in the cold.

I'm going with one like you then. Is the wiring for the battery cables the same on the LBZ as the LMM. I'm 95% sure I'm going with MPI big twins so I'm not exactly sure what Nathan sends with the kit. I was under the assumption that I had to look after battery relocation or deletetion.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I'm going with one like you then. Is the wiring for the battery cables the same on the LBZ as the LMM. I'm 95% sure I'm going with MPI big twins so I'm not exactly sure what Nathan sends with the kit. I was under the assumption that I had to look after battery relocation or deletetion.

I would ask Nathan. What cable out of that box goes to the pass side battery. If you do away with just the pass side then I dont see what you could not just do away with that wire from the fuse block.The LBZ does not have a fuse setup on the fire wall like the LMM does my extra cables are taped off and zip tied to the frame.You can trace them back and delete them on my truck but its some work to get to on the LBZ.

I plan on cleaning up under the hood this summer and loosing the factory filter housing and running new fuel lines and return line to the tank to a airdog or fass setup.then tucking more of the factory wiring out of the way and getting some stuff color matched to the truck. I dont have any plans on racing this year so it will just be a show and shine and DD truck.