porterhouse

Apr 10, 2012
Upstate SC
Didn't want to have to post this, but oh well !!!

At the current time there is nothing I can do to fix what is going on, when you delete completely the Intake Heater, Intake Air Valve, EGR system, DPF system and go in and shut down the DTC CODES for the eliminated components there is really nothing else I or anyone else can do.

And to all the "tuners" out there, I do know how to manipulate the timed tables and set up the EGR/DPF when it gets eliminated.

In my opinion the LMM trucks are totally hit or miss, what I have found in common is anything other than a stock VVT will cause major headaches on some trucks.

It seems that the Cheetah and VVT/4094 chargers cause a major headache and since other "well known tuners" have attempted to fix these undelying issues as well with no success. So before I got involved with several of these LMM trucks the post history proves these problems have existed long before I got involved especially with TANK222's truck.

I also have tuned more than my share of LMM's with Cheetah's and they have been pretty much trouble free, but are all pre 2008/LMM's. To the poster with the 07.5/LMM there is your answer, the earlier OS's didn't have these issues, as do the 2008's for the most part.

NOTE: EFI-Live is aware of these issues and Ross and I are have been and are working on a fix for the last 3 weeks, until I can gather the rest of the information needed for Ross there is nothing that can be done to address what these trucks are doing, so everyone will have to sit tight and wait for Ross and I to diagnose/test/hopefully fix this.

Just so everyone knows, OS swaps have been attempted, all codes turned back on in an attempt to isolate the underlying issues and then shut off one by one in an attempt to diagnoses the problems with these trucks.

Many problems were present long before I got involved with the exception of Johnny770 who's truck ran perfect before deleting all the emissions parts and swapping to this Cheetah/twins.

I am not blaming the Cheetah, nor am I making up excuses, but I have tuned hundreds if not over 1,000 trucks, and very rarely do I ever have trouble with them running correctly, and Harbin_22 is running my tuning as well as a bunch of other LMM's here on the board, you just don't know it.

So before anyone attempts to blow up Ross's inbox don't waste your time........when we get an answer and a fix it will be rolled out to everyone, but for now please be patient and if you have a 2007.5 or 2008 consider yourself lucky to have a code free LMM.

;)
Hey Tony I have a 07.5 with the same problems Trey is describing so Im not totally convinced it is in the year models.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Maybe I'm like Josh and have just gotten lucky. We install a lot of the Pro-Fab bridges and tubes, completely deleting the EGR, IAH, IAV, etc. We have installed quite a few S366s on LMMs, we also have customers with cheetahs and 4094AVNTs on LMMs. I have had a few that would go into reduced power mode but none that I couldn't fix with tuning changes.

Tony, I agree that the DTC lists need to be revisited by EFI Live anyway and I hope that you and Ross can get this figured out and that the issues can be resolved easier than in the past.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Its not that they reduce power it's the message that is most annoying.......some will act weird, I just di a twinned truck in CA thru SoCal Diesel, EGR/DPF delete and IAH as well.........no codes whatsoever.

Its all hit or miss........makes little sense.

The only persistent code is the P0299......even when the vane tables are left stock and unaltered at idle it will throw a random P0299 code with a non stock charger.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Yeah, it requires you to have a lazy POS on the bottom for boost to get away from the P0299 codes........there is no table that I have found that gives you enough room to be underboosted and not throw the code.

The larger VVT chargers do not react quickly enough for the ecm to not throw an underboost code even when clamping down the vane tables to try and build boost quicker.

Twinned trucks with the larger VVT's seem to have more issues as well vs stock vvt/twinned trucks.

If you have a stock charger it's no problem, if you have a Cheetah or 4094VVT its just enough of a difference that you can throw the underboost code it you get too aggressive setting up the boost tables and vane tables.

Shutting off the codes does not do anything either, it will still throw reduced power message and just not tell you its a P2099.

I just went thru this in person on a truck in GA last week and spent many hours logging and tuning it and thought I had it licked, we ran it every which way we could, lugged it and didn't get the codes for underboost, customer got the truck back and was putting around and it set the code.

Use the TQ tables to limit the fueling and back off on the boost at lower rpms and the underboost will go away.

It is how you set the tables up that determines if it throws the underboost code, and setting it up to not throw the code makes it lazy to build boost until you get going.

I have a text from a customer that went with another "tuners" tuning after a few weeks of trying to get the truck to not throw the reduced engine power message for the P0299 that I had previously tuned, his frustration level got the best of him and me, he is now texting me that it won't code but doesn't build boost for shit and runs around smoking at low rpms.........low boost or no boost = no underboost codes...........now he is asking me to try to tune it again because the turbo spooling sucks.

Sorry but this is how it is for the LMM's.........keep your stock charger and you'll be fine, unless there is more work done to find a table that may or may not exist the underboost has to be tuned out via the boost and vane tables and the results are less than desirable.

So low or no boost at lower pedal positions fixes it, more boost at lower pedal position/rpms = underboost codes

:eek:

gr8shot

Practically stock
Apr 28, 2009
Grand Island, NE
Yeah, it requires you to have a lazy POS on the bottom for boost to get away from the P0299 codes........there is no table that I have found that gives you enough room to be underboosted and not throw the code.

The larger VVT chargers do not react quickly enough for the ecm to not throw an underboost code even when clamping down the vane tables to try and build boost quicker.

Twinned trucks with the larger VVT's seem to have more issues as well vs stock vvt/twinned trucks.

If you have a stock charger it's no problem, if you have a Cheetah or 4094VVT its just enough of a difference that you can throw the underboost code it you get too aggressive setting up the boost tables and vane tables.

Shutting off the codes does not do anything either, it will still throw reduced power message and just not tell you its a P2099.

I just went thru this in person on a truck in GA last week and spent many hours logging and tuning it and thought I had it licked, we ran it every which way we could, lugged it and didn't get the codes for underboost, customer got the truck back and was putting around and it set the code.

Use the TQ tables to limit the fueling and back off on the boost at lower rpms and the underboost will go away.

It is how you set the tables up that determines if it throws the underboost code, and setting it up to not throw the code makes it lazy to build boost until you get going.

I have a text from a customer that went with another "tuners" tuning after a few weeks of trying to get the truck to not throw the reduced engine power message for the P0299 that I had previously tuned, his frustration level got the best of him and me, he is now texting me that it won't code but doesn't build boost for shit and runs around smoking at low rpms.........low boost or no boost = no underboost codes...........now he is asking me to try to tune it again because the turbo spooling sucks.

Sorry but this is how it is for the LMM's.........keep your stock charger and you'll be fine, unless there is more work done to find a table that may or may not exist the underboost has to be tuned out via the boost and vane tables and the results are less than desirable.

So low or no boost at lower pedal positions fixes it, more boost at lower pedal position/rpms = underboost codes

:eek:

Maybe this has been discussed already, but is it limited to certain lmm OS? Not really related but we used a different OS on my lmm once and I lost the ability to turn my elevated idle on/off through the DIC. Went back to the stock OS and the elevated idle option came back to the DIC.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I run the 220 all day everyday, towing driving etc.

I'd rather run the 300 but too much smoke on the low end. Wish there was a combo low end 220 tune(less smoke) with more fuel (boost) of the 300.

What air intake are you using on you powermax kit (where the Maf is mounted)?

2010duramax

2010duramax
Jun 17, 2013
Colorado
Hello

I'm gonna do dpf and egr delete with efi live tuning and 4 inch exhaust am I gonna run into any problems with the law I'm from Colorado and go to school in Oklahoma?!

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Bumping this. I recently deleted the DPF for a buddy because it was clogged and GM couldn't bring it back and he didn't want to pay 2500 for a new DPF and still have problems. I tuned out the DPF and left it stock otherwise. The reduced engine power light went away and all was good for 3 weeks. Then out of nowhere it started the reduced engine power on the DIC again. Seems like it does it within 2 minutes of starting now and every 2 minutes after that. No codes relating to the DPF since I tuned them out. I got a loss of communication with ECM once so I checked the wires leading up to the ECM and any loose pins and found nothing.

By the way he paid for the EFI license and DPF delete pipe, I wasted 10 hours on a Saturday getting his rusty pos to run again since he uses it to pull a trailer for work and probably another 4 hours so far dinking around with the tune with no luck. This wasn't for profit and now my favor has became a huge pain in my ass.

LMMs suck big time. He asked me what he should do and I told him to sell it and get an LBZ. :rofl:

edit: I thought the 3 weeks is what it would maybe take for a regen to kick in and maybe I forgot a table. B2501 is set to "no" and B2502 was set to "0" along with all the DTC enables regarding the DPF were turned off. Am I missing something?

I've had 2 other friends ask me to do deletes for them in the last two days and I simply told them no because I don't want to deal with the LMM headaches and feel responsible because I'm not the type of guy to leave someoen high and dry with a broken truck. I'm sure it could be something on my end but I steered them towards a few reputable EFIlive guys on here. The buddy that I tuned his truck is coming over and we are going to do some logging. Truck has 107k on it and has had issues with the DPF at 50k miles and 77k miles and now finally he had enough and asked me.

Last edited:

hrlyguy2

Dec 2, 2011
IL
Was having issues with reduced engine power being stock.I deleted my whole emission system and egr .With out being tuned. Went about 2 months with out any trouble.Then had to get efi quick.was getting codes every 5 minutes.
Once I got my tuning I never had a issue since.
Bob.O tuned it and and couldn't be happier how it performs.
My Lmm. Runs better than my LBZ

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Bumping this. I recently deleted the DPF for a buddy because it was clogged and GM couldn't bring it back and he didn't want to pay 2500 for a new DPF and still have problems. I tuned out the DPF and left it stock otherwise. The reduced engine power light went away and all was good for 3 weeks. Then out of nowhere it started the reduced engine power on the DIC again. Seems like it does it within 2 minutes of starting now and every 2 minutes after that. No codes relating to the DPF since I tuned them out. I got a loss of communication with ECM once so I checked the wires leading up to the ECM and any loose pins and found nothing.

By the way he paid for the EFI license and DPF delete pipe, I wasted 10 hours on a Saturday getting his rusty pos to run again since he uses it to pull a trailer for work and probably another 4 hours so far dinking around with the tune with no luck. This wasn't for profit and now my favor has became a huge pain in my ass.

LMMs suck big time. He asked me what he should do and I told him to sell it and get an LBZ. :rofl:

edit: I thought the 3 weeks is what it would maybe take for a regen to kick in and maybe I forgot a table. B2501 is set to "no" and B2502 was set to "0" along with all the DTC enables regarding the DPF were turned off. Am I missing something?

I've had 2 other friends ask me to do deletes for them in the last two days and I simply told them no because I don't want to deal with the LMM headaches and feel responsible because I'm not the type of guy to leave someoen high and dry with a broken truck. I'm sure it could be something on my end but I steered them towards a few reputable EFIlive guys on here. The buddy that I tuned his truck is coming over and we are going to do some logging. Truck has 107k on it and has had issues with the DPF at 50k miles and 77k miles and now finally he had enough and asked me.

Quick and easy way to do it without tuning them yourself is delete the stock file with efi, then use a canned tuner to flash. I use PPE regularly for this, works very well, especially if they already have a tuner without a DPF delete option...