LMM Glow Plug Control Module

TorqueMonster007

Oct 13, 2020
2007.5 LMM had bad glow plug control module on passenger side. Replaced with new. Truck cranks and runs fine but there is a code from communications to said module as it is "EMPTY" per the dealer and needs to be programmed. Is there a way to tune/program it with the latest EFI Live updates or is the only way by giving the dealer more money?

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
2007.5 LMM had bad glow plug control module on passenger side. Replaced with new. Truck cranks and runs fine but there is a code from communications to said module as it is "EMPTY" per the dealer and needs to be programmed. Is there a way to tune/program it with the latest EFI Live updates or is the only way by giving the dealer more money?
Nope, needs to be programmed with SPS.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

TorqueMonster007

Oct 13, 2020
Nope, needs to be programmed with SPS.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
So the dealer is the only way if you want to keep the glow plugs? Would there be much of an issue just turning the codes off in the ecm diagnostics? We don't get below freezing much here on the South Carolina coast.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
You already paid all the money for the controller might as well have it programmed. If you go that route yes you can turn off codes and delete GPCM. I don't run them in either of my trucks and I'm in Maryland. They start just fine.

TorqueMonster007

Oct 13, 2020
You already paid all the money for the controller might as well have it programmed. If you go that route yes you can turn off codes and delete GPCM. I don't run them in either of my trucks and I'm in Maryland. They start just fine.
This is actually a question I was unsure of and was asking for a buddy. Was hoping that wasn't the catch but seems to be the only way if you want it to work normally. He had a local mechanic install it and they don't have the capabilities of flashing it and since I have a V2 he had asked if it was possible for me to flash it possibly with a full flash.

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
Yes the module will need to have the right operating system installed along with injector flow rates programmed in to get rid of the light. I am a little confused tho why you say the module is on passenger side as the LMM GPCMs are on driver side rear valve cover beside turbo.

TorqueMonster007

Oct 13, 2020
Yes the module will need to have the right operating system installed along with injector flow rates programmed in to get rid of the light. I am a little confused tho why you say the module is on passenger side as the LMM GPCMs are on driver side rear valve cover beside turbo.
Honestly haven't seen it so don't know on that. That was the info given to me by my buddy from the mechanic. Haven't laid eyes on it but figured while I was at work I'd throw that question out there on here and see if my V2 is capable. I've flashed my ECM/TCM's hundred of times but was unsure on if certain info went past the ECM with a full flash.