lml vs lbz

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I love my LML. It definitely feels like a heavy tank compared to the LBZ or even LMM but the LML just feels so much better as a daily driver/tow rig. So comfortable, quiet and luxurious (2015+) in comparison.

I've had my LML deleted since 12000mi, it has 43000mi on it now and it's been on the race tune 99% of the time during that (first tune was smaller, but brief). Trans has the pressure mod.

Knock on wood, it's been a beast. I tow my camper (around 14klbs) on the same tune and never miss a beat. You just have to know when to let up on the big hills but she rolls right along at 75-80mph no problem and temps stay good.

One big thing I noticed with the LML is the coolant and trans temps staying lower even towing. I see 188-192F coolant temps when towing and trans stayed at 127-135 with the outside temp at 59F. My old LMM would never have stayed that cool.

Overall I really like my LML. Thinking an aluminum body F250 might be next tho... :D

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
FullSizeRender_zpsq2jpllht.jpg

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
I love my LML. It definitely feels like a heavy tank compared to the LBZ or even LMM but the LML just feels so much better as a daily driver/tow rig. So comfortable, quiet and luxurious (2015+) in comparison.

I've had my LML deleted since 12000mi, it has 43000mi on it now and it's been on the race tune 99% of the time during that (first tune was smaller, but brief). Trans has the pressure mod.

Knock on wood, it's been a beast. I tow my camper (around 14klbs) on the same tune and never miss a beat. You just have to know when to let up on the big hills but she rolls right along at 75-80mph no problem and temps stay good.

One big thing I noticed with the LML is the coolant and trans temps staying lower even towing. I see 188-192F coolant temps when towing and trans stayed at 127-135 with the outside temp at 59F. My old LMM would never have stayed that cool.

Overall I really like my LML. Thinking an aluminum body F250 might be next tho... :D

Cooler temps is nice, however im looking to build to 600hp. That costs more in an lml and wouldnt feel as well as a lbz.

What year did they start doing the f250 in aluminum?

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
2017 I think.

Forgot about your 600hp goal but a cp3 conversion with a fleece cp3k and a little compound setup or single would get that goal nicely.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Ne-max, what didn't you like about the 15?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
The carpet fender liners, bed sides are too tall for my 5th wheel, thinner sheet metal, greasy frame coating, and phone link.

Well at least Im not the only one with the crazy thought of an lbz over lml haha.

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
2017 I think.

Forgot about your 600hp goal but a cp3 conversion with a fleece cp3k and a little compound setup or single would get that goal nicely.

Ya cp3 conversion and a compound setup is expensive and thats not considering still on a stock trans. Better or not they will eventually need built right.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Ya cp3 conversion and a compound setup is expensive and thats not considering still on a stock trans. Better or not they will eventually need built right.

I wasn't assuming a stock trans for either application at 600hp. Was kind of understood as being built for both from my view.

The air to get to 600hp will cost about the same regardless of lbz/lml choice.

Either way, you can't go wrong. Just figure out what you like better and not what everyone else likes better as well as your budget. Lots of guys post about their plans but very few ever get there. Good luck! :thumb:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I wasn't assuming a stock trans for either application at 600hp. Was kind of understood as being built for both from my view.

The air to get to 600hp will cost about the same regardless of lbz/lml choice.

Either way, you can't go wrong. Just figure out what you like better and not what everyone else likes better as well as your budget. Lots of guys post about their plans but very few ever get there. Good luck! :thumb:
Which size tire and wheel are you running on your truck?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Which size tire and wheel are you running on your truck?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

285/55r20 nittos on BMF REPR 20x10 -19 offset

The 285's turned out really nice on the 10 wide rims. I was worried about them being too narrow but I didn't want to buy new tires. The setup clear pretty good, torsion bars are up 4 turns over stock

The wide offset made the steering feel a lot more sensitive but you get used to it

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
Definitely LBZ if you are going to build it. I would say LML if you are sticking to stock. I love my built LBZ, wouldn't trade it for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk