lml vs 6.7 mega cab

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
So I have been looking at join the lml world and getting rid of my 6.7 mega cab but I'm having a really hard time with it. Everyone I talk to has not liked the way there lml has drove/towed over there 6.7.

I'm alright with losing the cabin space but I don't want to be regretting going into more debt for a truck that doesn't make me and the wife happy.

The mega cab has been good to us we were just thinking of jumping back into a gm again. So who on here has done the 4th Gen to lml swap and what were your thoughts

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
I have loved how both of my LMLs have towed. I don't think you'd regret it but I can't say for sure on your behalf.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I've never tried it with a truck but my Infiniti dealer let me take cars on extended test drives. Kept them for the whole weekend.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I've not owned either but I love the way lmls drive compared to a dodge.. I'm driving a 15 lml with 185k on it right now for a customer, all he does is tow

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
I'm also curious as to what you don't like about the LML exactly? Or rather, what your fears are with them.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Depends on which mega cab I'm in. My friends 13' had several grand in upgrades and he never got rid of the death wobble and it wouldn't hold a candle to my LMM with similar mods. Farmer has one and just beats the guts out of it and it rides and runs like a raped ape.
I like the way the lml tows and rides over the mega cabs and they have a nicer interior if you get a 15+

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I love my lml. Doesn't tow like my lbz does with twins, but overall, it's very nice. tows great, rides awesome. I have a lift, Fox shocks, rear air bags so it maybe a touch different then a stock truck. but I highly doubt it's much different

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Driven all 3 of the new ones. As I get to after people trade them in. 15 Denali and 15 Ford. I prefer the Mega. The Laramie interior is nicer than a Denali. More user friendly. Better options. And there are still two trim level higher to go... I prefer the RAM.

Last edited:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I'm on the fence again as well. I have a customer with hundreds of trucks, his guys like the Ram for straight pulling but he says they like the Duramax better if they are mixing it up with pulling and normal driving. I really only hook up for short periods of time mostly so it's not a deciding factor for me but thought it might help you. I really like the idea of a mega cab for my 2 year old...

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
Driven all 3 of the new ones. As I get to after people trade them in. 15 Denali and 25 Ford. I prefer the Mega. The Laramie interior is nicer than a Denali. More user friendly. Better options. And there are still two trim level higher to go... I prefer the RAM.

Your opinion is invalid :D lol you sell RAM lol jk

I didn't mind the 16 duramax I was in room was ok only difference was the lost space behind the seat. It was little more comfortable far as the seats. The dash layout was just weird to me but I'm used to the mega cab to.

I just don't know for sure if I'll be happier one way or another. The mega cab has been a typical dodge far as front end parts go but had been mechanically great far as the motor/trans goes.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
Depends on which mega cab I'm in. My friends 13' had several grand in upgrades and he never got rid of the death wobble and it wouldn't hold a candle to my LMM with similar mods. Farmer has one and just beats the guts out of it and it rides and runs like a raped ape.
I like the way the lml tows and rides over the mega cabs and they have a nicer interior if you get a 15+

See my mega cab hasn't ever had the death wobble but it's a 12 before they went to that new suspension. It also makes 500rwhp but thing weighs 8400 lbs lol

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
The 13' RAM 2500 is the same suspension as the 12 and older. I've never had a problem with my 14s, 15s, and my second 16. Yes I sell them for a living. Yes I take a step back and look at the big picture. All about the RAM for me. Mega can hold their value very well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 64

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Haven't driven anything past '13 in any of the three but I definitely feel the lml drives much better loaded or not than the RAM or the Ford. The front end on the ram feels heavier when driving and turning I feel like I'm steering a wooden ship rather than a speedboat.

That's just my opinion, in the end I would still choose the GM even if it wasnt the best because I'm brand loyal

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
I really like the way the new fords look and drive, haven't got to do any towing in one but they are sharp. My LMM steers like shit just like my LLY and I hate it. I'd own either over mine just because of the chickenshit steering with 35's.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I really like the way the new fords look and drive, haven't got to do any towing in one but they are sharp. My LMM steers like shit just like my LLY and I hate it. I'd own either over mine just because of the chickenshit steering with 35's.

35's well there's your problem :thumb:

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
The 13' RAM 2500 is the same suspension as the 12 and older. I've never had a problem with my 14s, 15s, and my second 16. Yes I sell them for a living. Yes I take a step back and look at the big picture. All about the RAM for me. Mega can hold their value very well.

I just love busting your balls :D no homo.......

I have liked my mega cab a lot other then the stupid front end issues and dumb little things like heated seats not working head unit freezing up. And the fact that warranty won't cover shit anymore I hate throwing new wheel bearings in and new ball joints and now a intermediate steering shaft before the truck even hit 60k miles lol.

I haven't put my deposit down yet so wheel see if I go through with it and put my self In more debt which is a horrible thing to do smh

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
I just love busting your balls :D no homo.......

I have liked my mega cab a lot other then the stupid front end issues and dumb little things like heated seats not working head unit freezing up. And the fact that warranty won't cover shit anymore I hate throwing new wheel bearings in and new ball joints and now a intermediate steering shaft before the truck even hit 60k miles lol.

I haven't put my deposit down yet so wheel see if I go through with it and put my self In more debt which is a horrible thing to do smh

Can you still get a mega can in a 6 speed? That'd be my selling point.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I have driven both and have to say I like the LML better. Towing is pretty much all I do with mine 14k 5ver and 5k boat and it just cruises, no muss no fuss. Yes less leg room in the back is the only interior issue with the GM.