lml vs 6.7 HO cummins vs. 6.7 PSD

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
Has anyone ever driven (or seen in person) the HO Cummins at all? In our area, they are purely theoretical. I've seen dozens of LMLs and 6.7 PowerStrokes, but not one HO Cummins, even at dealers. Just the standard output version.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If you've seen a new Dodge in the last year and a half with temp tags, built after May/June '11 (roughly), you've seen an HO. Manual trans is still the "SO" if you want to call it that, but all autos are the 800trq HO.:thumb:

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
As far as stock to stock the Dodges are turds IMO. My LML will kill my cousins 6.7 cummins when he is running the a 50hp H&S tune. The tranny and motor don't work together at all when towing, always shifting up and down at the wrong time or when it doesn't need to be.

This is interesting to hear we hual alot with ours and it tows like a dream??? Maybe we got lucky or he got a dud lol. Im a dmax all the way but i love driving our 2012 mega cab!

And the Auto 6 speed in the dodge my buddys is stock with no issues pushing 90hp injectors and a 66mm turbo so far hes has 40k on that setup and had the deletes for 40k on the 225 hotdam tune before that. now when it comes to building a good 68rfe it seems impossible though Ryan at Suncoast seems to be getting it nailed down hes running in the 11's iirc with the 68rfe

Last edited:

gr8shot

Practically stock
Apr 28, 2009
Grand Island, NE
Have a buddy who bought a 2012 6.7 cummins/g56 this last winter. He loves it although its been in the shop an awful lot for mostly minor stuff and a couple bigger repairs (don't remember what though). He just deleted it a couple weeks ago and put in a SB dual disk and says its a pretty badass rig now. He came from a built tranny lbz for comparison sake.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
This is interesting to hear we hual alot with ours and it tows like a dream??? Maybe we got lucky or he got a dud lol. Im a dmax all the way but i love driving our 2012 mega cab!

And the Auto 6 speed in the dodge my buddys is stock with no issues pushing 90hp injectors and a 66mm turbo so far hes has 40k on that setup and had the deletes for 40k on the 225 hotdam tune before that. now when it comes to building a good 68rfe it seems impossible though Ryan at Suncoast seems to be getting it nailed down hes running in the 11's iirc with the 68rfe

Have you pulled with an LML side by side though? Not saying they don't pull good but without the H&S his shifted in and out of OD constantly. According to what I have read it is all in the tunning and dodge does it on purpose to save the trans.

Wow I guess I was under the impression the stock 68rfe couldn't handle any power:confused: I do like his truck with the 100hp H&S delete tune though, pulls pretty good and and will get as good of mileage as my Dmax now

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Have you pulled with an LML side by side though? Not saying they don't pull good but without the H&S his shifted in and out of OD constantly. According to what I have read it is all in the tunning and dodge does it on purpose to save the trans.

Wow I guess I was under the impression the stock 68rfe couldn't handle any power:confused: I do like his truck with the 100hp H&S delete tune though, pulls pretty good and and will get as good of mileage as my Dmax now

Ya stock it didnt do that but we dont own a lml as of now so cant say we've done but ive driven customers and haven't seen to much difference other then the turbo brake works much better on a lml then the cummins one. The lml will definitely rape a 6.7 in a race :D so till i own a lml i wont say the cummins out tows it lol it definitely dont tow as nice or as fast as my lb7 :spit:

Tell your buddy to load the 175hot damn tune :D they run pretty good for a dodge :rolleyes:

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
Dont know if it ever became an issue but I have read a few threads and saw pics of some 6.7 PS dropping valves out of the heads and destroying the motors. All stock trucks to if I remember right.

HEEPJEEP

<--- Solid Axle "Leveled"
Mar 26, 2009
NH
Have a 3500HD Cummins HO. Doesn't get great fuel mileage (17.5 average MPG typically), but it's a nice truck, rides and handles nice, steers MUCH sharper than the GM's. It's slower for sure than the GM, but I think it's because they ramp the power in so slow... Torque management of some sort. Leaving it stock for now. Have about 8000 miles on it.