Lml turbo removal

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Just need 12mm 12 pt sockets for up pipes. I believe the 3 bolts holding turbo down are 17mm. I used a 3/8 breaker bar to remove up pipe bolts. You will need some swivels and extensions to get those 3 bolts holding it down.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Just need 12mm 12 pt sockets for up pipes. I believe the 3 bolts holding turbo down are 17mm. I used a 3/8 breaker bar to remove up pipe bolts. You will need some swivels and extensions to get those 3 bolts holding it down.

LML turbo mount bolts are 15mm. And the Up-pipe bolts are 13mm 6 point. At least on the newer ones.

I always lift the cab. Way easier.

Dart.340

Canadian
Aug 3, 2015
Near Ottawa
Mine was already deleted with Poe manifolds, up pipes and a ex fab y bridge so the steps are a bit different t for you if your emissions stuff is still on

Drain coolant. Remove inner fenders. Remove down pipe,remove up pipes. Coolant elbow on top of rear engine plate. Early lmls were 12 mm 12 point, later lml's are 13mm 6 point for the up pipes

Loosen and remove turbo oil supply line on back engine plate remove turbo drain line on back engine plate.

Remove turbo air intake. Y bridge. Turbo cooler lines. Only have to unbolt off turbo and remove the hard line at the hose connection on passenger side cylinder head. Unbolt turbo and lift out

I removed mine the 2nd time in an hour and 5 minutes

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
She's all finished up An this truck don't have emissions. If it did I bet I'd be fighting with her still. Not quite sure how much time I have into it. I woke up at 2am and got out here an just connecting ic pipes An putting oil in. Y bridge An pipes An few up pipe bolts were removed yesterday. My guess close to 10 hours.