LML to L5P frame swap

smokinblack

Jun 14, 2010
Hamilton,Ont
Hey guys, not sure if I’m posting this in the right spot, but I just bought a 2015 Crew cab shortbox LML wreck. I got a 2017 L5P frame with it, I was told the frames were different and all the important stuff looked the same, so long story short I swapped all my suspension over to the 2017 frame and it all worked good. Until I took a closer look at motor mounts on the frame. They looked the same but they are indeed different. Now I’m at a loss on what to do so I ordered L5P motor mounts cause I know they will work in the frame but I am not confident they will bolt up to the block the same. Can’t see me getting that lucky. Has anyone done this before? Or does anyone have a L5P lying around that they can measure the bolt hole distance for the mounts on the block? Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I would think they are very close. Maybe motor mount area and the cross member behind the tranny may be different. They take different exhaust so something has to be a little different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giovanni199

Mar 2, 2022
Hey guys, not sure if I’m posting this in the right spot, but I just bought a 2015 Crew cab shortbox LML wreck. I got a 2017 L5P frame with it, I was told the frames were different and all the important stuff looked the same, so long story short I swapped all my suspension over to the 2017 frame and it all worked good. Until I took a closer look at motor mounts on the frame. They looked the same but they are indeed different. Now I’m at a loss on what to do so I ordered L5P motor mounts cause I know they will work in the frame but I am not confident they will bolt up to the block the same. Can’t see me getting that lucky. Has anyone done this before? Or does anyone have a L5P lying around that they can measure the bolt hole distance for the mounts on the block? Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Did you ever end up figuring this out?! I’m in the same thing right now I have a 2015 Silverado 2500 duramax and I found an l5p year chassis for a good deal but I’m still debating if they are the same or not.