Lml swap Van OS cant figure it out FIGURED IT OUT!

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Hey guys,

basics- I've got a 14 camaro with a lml on a e86b.

I was able to successfully perform an immo relearn and the factory car stuff works great with the 86b, starts good all that jazz.

Unfortunately my truck OS hates the t43 in the 6l90e. So of course I just full flash to a van OS. A 2016 express 3500 to be exact.

Now the car starts and dies like vats needs shut off. Every combo of vats on/off with efi live doesn't work. I've tried every vats relearn or relink I can think of.

Funny thing is I full flash back to the truck OS and it runs again. What am I missing, what's different in the immobilizer between and van and a truck??

All I know is the car is global A archetecture and so is the truck but the van is not.

Please help lol.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved this over to Tuning section, Jake, in case more people look into this section.

Just spitballing, bc I dont know tuning, but could there be an LML sensor that the tune is looking for, yet isnt there?

Reactions: Jakezed22

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Moved this over to Tuning section, Jake, in case more people look into this section.

Just spitballing, bc I dont know tuning, but could there be an LML sensor that the tune is looking for, yet isnt there?
Thats a good point, i just assumed everythng is the same LGH to LML. Ill get onto alldata and do some digging.

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Well looks like the car and the truck use the exact same immobilizer setup, but the van is wired much different, and uses a different theft module all together. So i guess it makes sense why im getting the start/die. Normally id shut vats off and go, but looks like ill have to find a way to re link that part of the vats.

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
UPDATE: I reprogrammed the ecm with SPS to a factory VAN in hopes of then being able to complete a vats relearn, but it wont complete the ecm replacement or a theft module relearn on SPS. I did however get the TCM and ECM updated to current good files that will work once this thing stays running.

Still start n die, im wondering if a simple vats bypass module for a command start would work now?

damn regretting not going LMM right now lol, another option would be to ditch the 6l90e and try shove an aly up in there but im not ready to give up yet.

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Another update lol, talked to some command start places and the immobilizer boxes only copy yhe data from a working system so no good there.

I did also talk to the guy that built the blue and silver duramax camaro, awesome guy great to talk to, he wedged an allison under his, so I'm leaning towards doing that now. I don't know lol.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Someone did a manual conversion in a LML but ic ant remember who did it and what tuning was involved. if you can do that, then you could run the 6l90 on a standalone computer.

Reactions: Jakezed22

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Someone did a manual conversion in a LML but ic ant remember who did it and what tuning was involved. if you can do that, then you could run the 6l90 on a standalone computer.
Is that right, I'd love to know how it's setup. Always thought a tr6060 would be fun in this car with duramax.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Is that right, I'd love to know how it's setup. Always thought a tr6060 would be fun in this car with duramax.

i doubt it would hold, they did a zf6 since it was a truck. google might be able to find it. there was a write up somewhere on it

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
I'll try find it, my big deterent was that the 6060 probably wouldn't hold any power, but it would be cool.

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
GOT IT! I did a manual relearn i found on this site, so awesome. Only problem was my sekurity light doesnt stay on but i just timed out the ten mintues and after three times she stayed running. Ive shut it off and re started and reflashed it about 10 times now and its still good. Thank you for this site!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220317-185033_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220317-185033_Chrome.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 19