LML Runs but no start P0087

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
I have a 2011 LML with a 4" MBRP straight pipe and H&S tuner. Runs awesome but it wont start without giving it a shot of starting fluid. Had the CP4 and fuel pressure regulator replaced and that did not change a thing. It throws the P0087 code and every time I reset the fuel filter life in about 10 mins it goes back to 0%. Any idea what it could be? :mad:

testdrive

May 28, 2013
signature indicates that he has a Airdog lift pump... something wrong with the between tank and filter.
Not a good idea to use either for starting.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
signature indicates that he has a Airdog lift pump... something wrong with the between tank and filter.
Not a good idea to use either for starting.

That is on a LMM, he is talking about a LML. Try replacing the filter and see if you can get it primed.

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
Ya I need to update my sig. It does have an OE style filter but I can change it out. I guess I will start checking the lines.

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
Ok now I can not get it to start at all. The thicker line right by the transmission is squishy and the thinner one is hard. I don't if that means anything to you guys, but it just sits there and turns over.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
The system will bleed air as it's turned over. Your cp4 pump could be shot.

Sorry, just re read original post.

Last edited:

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
Alright thanks, I am at a loss so I think I am going to bring it somewhere Thursday. I was just hoping I could at least get it running again to bring it where it needs to go. It just seems so odd to me that once it is running, it runs and performs totally perfect like nothing is wrong. Just getting the thing started is the issue.

Last edited:

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
Bad Injectors

So we bottle tested all the injectors last night and they are returning way too much fuel and they think that is the reason why its not building enough pressure to start. I'm guessing something happened to the first pump and that is why there must have been metal through them or something. I ordered all new injectors and they will be going in this weekend. Any tips on replacing LML injectors?

BlackHillsHD

Wrench Swinger
Aug 16, 2014
Rapid City, SD
There really is no tips and tricks on them. Just a lot of BS in the way. You're going to need a Tech 2 to program flow rates. LML's will set a light instantly if they don't match.