LML CP4 Problems

JSA

Dec 27, 2016
Because gm will look for any excuse to deny warranty. And the technicians will gladly rat you out because warranty work doesn't usually pay enough labor.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I can not wait to get my truck back (fixed) and remove the tune and forget about all of this nonsense.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I can not wait to get my truck back (fixed) and remove the tune and forget about all of this nonsense.

Sad thing is, it's too late. They can see in the ECM that the truck has been tuned. So consider yourself lucky if they cover this warranty job, get a CP3 conversion done, delete it, and let the truck love a long happy life.

JSA

Dec 27, 2016
Sad thing is, it's too late. They can see in the ECM that the truck has been tuned. So consider yourself lucky if they cover this warranty job, get a CP3 conversion done, delete it, and let the truck love a long happy life.

I'm not doing a damn thing else to that truck. You guys are bored and have too much money to waste on modifying a truck. smh

JSA

Dec 27, 2016
Sad thing is, it's too late. They can see in the ECM that the truck has been tuned. So consider yourself lucky if they cover this warranty job

Too all the new guys thinking about tuning your truck - READ THIS.

If I had it all to do over again I would have never fell into this idiot trap of tuning a $65,000 truck.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I'm not doing a damn thing else to that truck. You guys are bored and have too much money to waste on modifying a truck. smh

Your an idiot for thinking you could mod the truck and never have an issue, then expect GM to just fix any issue that pop up after you modded it.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out of this forum.

JSA

Dec 27, 2016
Your an idiot for thinking you could mod the truck and never have an issue, then expect GM to just fix any issue that pop up after you modded it.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out of this forum.

It's you're.

Idiot.

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
Misery enjoys company, huh?

You're the one miserable bud. You came to a forum of racers and sled pullers. We're all in the same mind and accord here. We're all quite happy with our highly modded trucks and thoroughly enjoy them. You might wanna go over to DP because you're not going to get sympathy from a group of racers that thrive on making as power as they can from their trucks and spend as much money as their hearts desire and don't care what anyone else thinks.

JSA

Dec 27, 2016

And again, to all the new guys reading this. This is the mentality of the idiots in this forum (and I'm certain other forums). If you do anything to your truck and it shits on itself and causes $10,000 in damage, you could be liable for the cost. :mad:

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
And again, to all the new guys reading this. This is the mentality of the idiots in this forum (and I'm certain other forums). If you do anything to your truck and it shits on itself and causes $10,000 in damage, you could be liable for the cost. :mad:

NONE OF US HERE GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WARRANTY NOR DO WE HAVE MONEY ISSUES. The only "mentality" that doesn't fit here is YOURS. Go over to DP.

Tone72885

Feb 24, 2011
Wow! Probably best you go pound sand some place else. Most people here have more knowledge and experience in their thumb than you have in your in head.

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.

Relax guy, I think I speak for everyone when I tell you we are far from bored and most guys are just average gearheads looking to improve our trucks. I hope they honour your warranty, as the pump didn't fail as a result of the tune. However if they do not warranty it I highly suggest listening to these guys and converting to a cp3 and deleting the truck. Blowing up cp4's is not fun I couldn't imagine doing it twice on the same truck... just some food for thought.

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york

maybe your not getting it. your cp4 failed. it happens to stock trucks just as often as tuned trucks. it seems you have gotten angry at us for saying your lucky the dealer covered it. I'm not sure where we lost you but I don't believe you have enough info to start calling us names. good luck with your repair and be sure to buy a ford next time. :D

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

Thats because you ARE liable for it once you mod it. While the tuning may not have hurt it, once the numbers/cals in the ECM dont match what GM has on file, you own it. Thats how it is. Not our fault. Sorry it happened to you.

Not to kick you while you're down, but if you'd have joined here BEFORE you modded your truck, we probably would've helped you with your tuning, or given you ideas on how to work around that high idle issue, or even recommended a CP3 replacement before you modded your truck...ALL for a lot less than what you had to pay for the repairs. So dont blame us.

We've all had our expenses with these trucks....and a lot of these guys have had multiples of your $10k. We're the wrong group to seek sympathy from.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
It's you're.

Idiot.

Hahaha it's great when guys like you are given a piece of reality and have nothing left to resort to on a forum but grammar mistakes. Thanks for the $10000 laugh

Um.... no shit Sherlock?! Do you believe every damn thing you read on the internet? Gullible isn't in the dictionary either. Go right ahead and look that up. It's on the internet, it must be true

Hahahaha geezus, you crack me up!!

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I wish I would have only caused $10k in damage to my truck over the years :roflmao: well at least we tried to help this poor guy out. Tried to point him in the right direction, and got shit on. Thanks pal. You might not know much, but you sure know how to burn a bridge quick. No sense in getting mad at us. We didn't mod your truck

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Don't swap to a cp3. Bet they don't cover the next one that goes out.

I'm with Kyle. If only it were just 10 grand hahaha :spit:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Stupid little whiny millennial snowflake......

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk