LLY, Poor Fuel Milage

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I have a buddy that has an 05 LLY and is complaining about only getting around 13-15mpg. I know the LLY's get worse milage than the LB7's. but what can be done to correct this problem without going to an aftermarket tuner?

Why is the fuel milage worse in stock form?

Thanks
Travis

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
I average around 18-19. But, again that is with a tune.

When I got my truck with 10k on it the DIC said that the previous owner was getting 18.5.:eek: It was stock and low milage and that just doesn't add up. Come to find out the previous owner was an elderly gentleman that used it to haul a camper, but his wife didn't like it because it was too high so they traded it on a conversion van.

So, he was hauling a camper and it was stock with low miles and he was still averaging 18.5. :eek::eek:

Goes to show that driving style is a real big factor. It only took me 500 miles to get that average down to 15. :D

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Get a wheel allignment? Kat did and got a couple mpg back. Tire pressure check and seeing he's one of your buddies Travis, he probably could get a bit better mileage if he cleaned the empty's out of the back of his truck!!:D:joker:

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Get a wheel allignment? Kat did and got a couple mpg back. Tire pressure check and seeing he's one of your buddies Travis, he probably could get a bit better mileage if he cleaned the empty's out of the back of his truck!!:D:joker:

HAHA:rofl::rofl:

I will look into that. He needs to just get a tuner and drive a little more conservatively. He just wishes he got the 19-20mpg of the LB7:D