Lly oil leak

2005redlly

Jan 15, 2013
Farmville va
Went to the track last weekend and after my third pass I noticed a oil leak on the ground. So I got to looking around and there was a lot of oil in the valley. Cleaned up the oil and ran two more passes and same thing happened, so cleaned it up again and made the 2.5 hour trip home. But checked it again the next day and there was a very small amount. Looks like up near the cp3 is where it's coming from. Hard to see for me.

My valve cover gasket is leaking up front on driver side and back on passenger side (both on valley side of engine). But doesn't seem like that's my issue to me.

So my question is there oil seal around the cp3 that's bad and leaks more when I'm driving harder? I do notice a valve rattling or fuel knock on my big tune. Has always done it but seems worst now.

Thanks in advance

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
Oil pressure is constantly higher running down the strip vs the drive home due to rpm's. Area around cp3 could be o-ring seal that goes around cp3 that seals it to front of block. Don't know if that helped at all.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
You think that could cause puddles of oil I saw.

Not really sure. But that's the only area I can think of that's in the valley if it's at front towards cp3. I've more so only seen the turbo feed pipe at valley connection or at the rear flywheel housing for the turbo drain pipe. I guess my only real advice would be put some oil tracer dye in it and run it and see where it's coming from

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I doubt it's the cp3 seal. Turbo oil lines or a PCV issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk