LLY mirror swap

mattv

LINETRASH
Dec 21, 2013
Phx
I'm sure there's a thread on this, but I can't find it. I've googled this over and over, but I'm not sure of fitment. I want to replace the power telescoping mirrors on my 04.5 LLY to the manual telescoping power/ heated type on the 06/07's. But I want Genuine GM mirrors. I checked GM Parts Direct, but Im just not sure of the ones they have. Anybody have any experience replacing mirrors like this with the GM ones?
Thanks.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
They should be plug-and-play. There's really nothing wrong with the Kool-Vue make mirrors, either....should you opt to go that route in the end.

mattv

LINETRASH
Dec 21, 2013
Phx
Thanks! I'm just not a fan of made in taiwan. GM parts carry a 1 year warranty too. Ive been screwed on some of the aftermarket replacement parts I've bought.

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
They should be plug-and-play. There's really nothing wrong with the Kool-Vue make mirrors, either....should you opt to go that route in the end.

I disagree….Mine vibrate bad even on a smooth-ish highway. I have a factory mirror for one side just searching for a deal on the other.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Well to be clear I don't have experience with the Kool Vue brand but I've installed too many aftermarket mirrors and they all fit cheaply and shook at highway speeds.

I have one of the "cheap sets" on my own pickup. I've shimmed up the mirror where it pivots to remove all the vibration but they dont fold in very well now

Last edited:

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
My factory mirrors vibrated and were blurry until I leveled them and put a washer behind the tensioner spring. They are a lot better now.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
In case you needed the part numbers:

Drivers side: 15904034
Passenger side: 15904035

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
My mirrors vibrated till I replaced the driveshaft support bearing, no seat of the pants vibration whatsoever, the rubber around the bearing was shot..

No support bearing here

My apologies. I dont have any problem with mine. Maybe I just dont notice it.

Must have gotten lucky :thumb:

My factory mirrors vibrated and were blurry until I leveled them and put a washer behind the tensioner spring. They are a lot better now.

Tensioner spring?