LLY - LB7 Swap

Badrep

Feb 11, 2020
Probably the exact opposite of what most people would do, but I'm more wondering if a lb7 (01) can easily go in a lly (05) truck. My lly needs rebuilt, but I happen to have a spare lb7 (01) is like to use temporarily while I build the lly.

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Anything can be done, but this would not be easy at all. You would need at a minimum an 03/04 chassis harness, ecm, nsbu, address the fuel gage, vats re-learn and everything that attaches to the lb7.

Like what James says above, can you not just use the top end off the lly and put it all on the lb7 then you'd have a complete running lly again (with an 01 short block). This isnt so bad, essentially just a head gasket job and turbo.

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Anything can be done, but this would not be easy at all. You would need at a minimum an 03/04 chassis harness, ecm, nsbu, address the fuel gage, vats re-learn and everything that attaches to the lb7.

Like what James says above, can you not just use the top end off the lly and put it all on the lb7 then you'd have a complete running lly again (with an 01 short block). This isnt so bad, essentially just a head gasket job and turbo.

Little off topic... but I thought after they went canbus in 03+ harnesses were the same?

What’s the difference between 03/04 and 05?