lly injector problems

Leland

Jun 11, 2018
i have a 04 lly that ive put 3 sets of injectors in in the past year and a half. i am not running any tunes and keep getting stock bosh injectors. also this before this last time i got a new injection pump. any ideas?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
What sort of failures are you having? Where are you getting your fuel? What type of filters are you running? Are you sure they are genuine Bosch injectors?

Leland

Jun 11, 2018
im not sure of the brand of fuel filter off the top of my head but i always get the most expensive from advents alto. the injectors keep blowing out either stuck open or stuck closed. mainly cylinder 3 has had to be replaced every time. and im paying a diesel shop to put bosh injectors back in

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved over to LLY section. Something is up that hasnt been checked. The guys have touched on the possibilities. Listen to them.

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
Find you a new shop. They obviously don't know what there doing. Or they do and just screwing you

If your getting good fuel no reason for injectors going out

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
Checking wiring seeing its an LLY. Then I would make sure they are putting OEM Genuine Bosch injectors in the truck.