Lly coolant coming ftom around injector

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
I have not seen any like this since but did only replace the one head and the truck is running fine to this day.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
I had this happen on a 350,000+ mile LLY in a rollback C4500. I replaced the one head and 5,000 miles later the other head did the exact same thing. Injector #8 and injector #1... Same casting position on each head, maybe a coincidence... The truck I experienced this with was running green coolant for some years with no SCA or DCA additives, I thought maybe electrolysis was to blame.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
My father-in-law had this happen on a lbz. He kept saying the injector cups were leaking. I had to explain they stopped doing that and it could only be the head. Put a head on it and fixed the problem.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Looks like I just joined the club. My LLY had been leaking. Got it through winter before really looking into it. Driver's side. I guess I'm going to go ahead and replace both and do studs now. :mad:

justin722

Aug 8, 2014
Same happened here on my lly, truck has been studded for about 30,000 miles and finally decided to crack at 218,000 miles on the odometer. Warped both heads when gaskets went last time so they probably we just a ticking time bomb. Thinking it’s finally time for a built motor (want, not a need) however am scared to try and find t*ning for it…really a shame

board350

Sep 1, 2023
Texas
Looks like I got one leaking around #8. Most unfortunate. I'm going to pull the injector and see what I can see. Best options for heads?