Lly build

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
I'm not saying AD is shitty, but you can get a better pump and more filtration for the same amount of $$$. But do a turbo kit. It should net you 600hp+ and might come with an intake. hipp11B has you covered on efi:thumb:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Would I be fine with a turbo if I didn't stud it?

Or if I don't do anything to the bottom end?

It's all in the tuning. There's plenty of lly trucks running around with turbos and transmissions and nothing else. If you put a big turbo on it with a lot of fuel and try to beat the crap out of it all the time it won't last forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M.hulsey91

Apr 25, 2015
I don't plan on beating the crap outta it I just didn't know what the factory setup was capable of. I thought studding the heads was something to do before a turbo. Good information to know though. What would be a good setup for power and fuel economy as it is my daily driver

Last edited:

Big Chris

2 Duramaxes> 1 Duramax
Mar 30, 2010
Rives Junction MI
Before you spend thousands of dollars why don't you get a lift pump, shim the FPRV, and get good max effort tunes from one of our supporting vendors and then see how you like it. Probably cheapest and most bang for your buck.:thumb:

M.hulsey91

Apr 25, 2015
Before you spend thousands of dollars why don't you get a lift pump, shim the FPRV, and get good max effort tunes from one of our supporting vendors and then see how you like it. Probably cheapest and most bang for your buck.:thumb:
Ok thanks. I'm still new so still learning diesel mods etc. What's the shim you are talking about?