Lly build

M.hulsey91

Apr 25, 2015
I have a 2005 lly 4x4. Wanting to build the motor a little. I was thinking head studs, injectors, air dog, efi redone, and intake. But have a question. How much roughly would it cost for the heads to be studded and injectors while they were in there?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Why injectors now?

Head studs if you want. Lift pump, yes. Efi redone to what? Lbz mouthpiece if you haven't already.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

M.hulsey91

Apr 25, 2015
I was thinking lbz mouthpiece with the intake efi live redone with dsp5 idk what tune mine has now. And trans has billet torque converter and upgraded c3 and c4 clutches I think idr and a trans go shift kit

M.hulsey91

Apr 25, 2015
You would benefit from a turbo more then injectors. Studs your looking at 3500-6k depends on the
Place.
Would I be fine with stock injectors with a air dog and putting a bigger turbo on? I was looking at one of the hsp turbo kits but didn't know what kinda stuff I'd have to do to support it.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Depends how hard you're going to push it. Bottom end is the place to start.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ducesrwld

May 12, 2012
SE WI
slow and steady is the best route spend money on all the intake and exhaust things to keep the motor breathing easy and keeping egts down. this is your DD treat it well and it will treat you well. good built trans, efi live, and a lift pump will put a big grin on your face. I'm DD'ing a mild 475 rwhp tune and it is pretty dam fun.....after this the decreasing ROI starts down the slippery slope it gets expensive fast for diminishing returns.

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
slow and steady is the best route spend money on all the intake and exhaust things to keep the motor breathing easy and keeping egts down. this is your DD treat it well and it will treat you well. good built trans, efi live, and a lift pump will put a big grin on your face. I'm DD'ing a mild 475 rwhp tune and it is pretty dam fun.....after this the decreasing ROI starts down the slippery slope it gets expensive fast for diminishing returns.

No offense but I would save my money when it comes to CAI and exhaust. Just not enough gain for the money spent. You can be close to half cost of new rods.

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
I have a 2005 lly 4x4. Wanting to build the motor a little. I was thinking head studs, injectors, air dog, efi redone, and intake. But have a question. How much roughly would it cost for the heads to be studded and injectors while they were in there?

I'm not a fan of AD but a good lift pump always helps. And stock head bolts are about as good as stock rods. And x2 on efi "redone"?

M.hulsey91

Apr 25, 2015
I'm not a fan of AD but a good lift pump always helps. And stock head bolts are about as good as stock rods. And x2 on efi "redone"?
What brand lift pump should I run? I hurd air dogs are better with duramax. And should I just not stud it? I wanna wanna have a fun and reliable daily driver. I want efi redone because I am unable to locate who installed it on this truck and the speedometer is a lil off and I wanna get rid of the lope tune it has.

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
What brand lift pump should I run? I hurd air dogs are better with duramax. And should I just not stud it? I wanna wanna have a fun and reliable daily driver. I want efi redone because I am unable to locate who installed it on this truck and the speedometer is a lil off and I wanna get rid of the lope tune it has.

Oh god it has a lope tune? Definitely get new tunes then who knows how jacked up that tuning is there's a shit load of great tuners out there but if your not sure what's done to the trans that makes things kinda difficult...if you do get new tunes I personally like mark form Danville performances tunes also have diesel addiction Idaho rob Kory Willis plenty of good tuners to choose from

Lbz, built trans, efi by Eisenhart diesel, Danville 68, full egr delete, mbrp down pipe, 5" mbrp to 7" stack, ppe guages, custom traction bars, airdog2 165, ppe fuel rail mods, s&b, age blade runner, Arp head studs..died March 2015

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
And there is nothing wrong with an air dog I've had an air dog for 5 years no issues lol I've herd equall shit talk about fass and AD just choose one

Lbz, built trans, efi by Eisenhart diesel, Danville 68, full egr delete, mbrp down pipe, 5" mbrp to 7" stack, ppe guages, custom traction bars, airdog2 165, ppe fuel rail mods, s&b, age blade runner, Arp head studs..died March 2015

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
Also x2 on what everyone else says about injectors your stock injectors are plenty of fuel for a built trans and aftermarket turbo. Get a turbo instead your stock injectors are plenty for a turbo upgrade and there is no reason to do injectors with a stock turbo I know a few guys who did it years ago and new there stock turbo up I'm sure that had more to do with tuning than anything but still dude like I said you don't need injectors with a stock turbo

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
*blew stock turbo up, I need to start proof reading