Living that single life

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I ran downpipe only for a few hundred miles....couldn't stand it. I ran a full 5" MBRP from it, with a muffler, and its still too loud for my liking. Might try to go to one of those billy badass Donaldson units but as far as I can tell from my research on their flow numbers I'm going to be restricting exhaust flow which I definitely don't want.

that little 472 just needs a big brother. it will quiet it right down :D

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
With my built motor setup (long rods), 6480AF, Goerend J 3k stall, and lots of fuel my 475 honestly is the best driving in terms of street manners and being linear out of all my setups besides a stock charger/built trans.

My Danville 68r was fun but was like a light switch when the veins would open (Yes I know, should've bought Mark's tunes but I didn't). Not bad mouthing the turbo, just didn't drive as good as what I have now.

I think can get away with liking a big single on the stick trucks because I can do what I gotta do as far as gear choice and rpm range I'm in at all times. If I know I'm gonna need some boost I can drop it down and bump up the rpms and roll into it. I can load it in a taller gear for a longer pull makes it fun to drive.