Little Product testing on the Engine Dyno Results

EDP

<<<< Miss The Ol Girl
Little update with some 2.6 / 3.0 smooth bore turbo testing is we are seeing similar numbers with the smooth bore setups to what our good running 2.6 setups where at.

So for those overly concerned and stating that they would be loosing 150-200hp we have not scene it with our testing.

Looking to do some intake manifold testing here first part of 2016. Will keep you guys posted. :thumb:

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Little update with some 2.6 / 3.0 smooth bore turbo testing is we are seeing similar numbers with the smooth bore setups to what our good running 2.6 setups where at.

So for those overly concerned and stating that they would be loosing 150-200hp we have not scene it with our testing.

Looking to do some intake manifold testing here first part of 2016. Will keep you guys posted. :thumb:

Thanks for the info. Gonna test the wagler cast vs a runner intake?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Wow great thread thanks for the info.

Here is an semi easy one for yall. Could you test removing the stock engine fan? IIRC Ive heard they can rod as much as 40hp fully engaged. For those of us switching over to electric.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Just a had a few minutes to give you guys an update real quick.

We did some more testing and breaking down of the manifolds/up-pipes/down pipes etc.

-Aftermarket Performance Air Filter Setups vs Std Factory Air filter setup ZERO difference.

-Upgraded down pipe still down about 2hp on the average with both Stock manifolds and upgraded performance up pipes.

-No real solid definitive drop in EGT's from factory OEM clearance manifold to Performance Manifolds and LML style manifold. But did see the backed original gain of 4-5 hp all the way through on both manifolds.

-Very SOLID noticeably lower EGTS with the larger diameter up-pipe setups when coupled with either the LML Manifold setup or the performance manifolds. Stock Diameter up pipes coupled with performance up pipes or LML scene ZERO Degree drop in EGT's.

-Average of about 5 hp gain with Hot Side pipe increasing to 3" Diameter Setup. As well as an Intake Air Temp drop of about 8 Deg.

-Average of about 2-3 HP Gain but NO IAT drop with going to 3" Cold Side pipe and 3" LBZ Intake Y Bridge. (ran with OEM and with 3" hot side pipe)

-Our Stage 1 push rods Zero HP gains or any noticeable difference. (Which only reason we tested is for the mere fact that some companies promise 10 hp gain from the simplest of upgrades)

I am probably going to get thrown to the wolves for this but the simplest of ways to put it with out mentioning of any companies is that above listed is of the ONLY products we have scene performance gains or benefits from which includes fluid testing, additive testing, and whatever else bolt on product you can think off.

Now IF you guys can read between the lines moving on to turbo testing and fuel injectors our initial setup is your straight up Rotella 15w-40 Oil, Fresh Off-Road RED Diesel with NO FUEL additive.

We did see some boost in HP with some GOOD Cetane but it is not a product offered over the counter.

Now on too some good gains in power! :thumb:

Next up will be turbo upgrades up to 64mm in size with 60% injectors

If you get bored, see if there is a difference in power from red fuel to green fuel, I know my LMM and LLY smoked and hazed more with red fuel, got a hair better milage but from my butt dyno it ran worse.

EDP

<<<< Miss The Ol Girl
Wow great thread thanks for the info.

Here is an semi easy one for yall. Could you test removing the stock engine fan? IIRC Ive heard they can rod as much as 40hp fully engaged. For those of us switching over to electric.

Did not see much solid power gains that I would be taking the factory fan off a daily driver. Especially with the issues we have scene with a couple of the aftermarket electronic fan suppliers.

Are you guys gonna run one of your procharger kits?

Corey

We did some very extensive dyno testing a few years ago between compound turbo and the Procharger setups we offered at the time. Given the cost factor involved in making a procharger setup work compounded with a turbo the benefits are just not there to make it a marketable product. Especially with how far turbo technology has come the past couple years the need to resolve the lack of instant throttle response in comparison to gains from Supercharger - Turbo has been drastically improved the past years as well.

If you get bored, see if there is a difference in power from red fuel to green fuel, I know my LMM and LLY smoked and hazed more with red fuel, got a hair better milage but from my butt dyno it ran worse.

Red fuel made a little more power.

EDP

<<<< Miss The Ol Girl
Sorry guys been busy most of the winter testing with the new sled pull turbo configurations. We will be getting back to simple bolt on product testing here in the next month or so.

Just a little side note. Dont drink the Kool-Aid or get blinded by the billet bling. Sometimes OEM parts will outperform all the hype even on upgraded turbo setups. Like intake manifolds...........

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
Sorry guys been busy most of the winter testing with the new sled pull turbo configurations. We will be getting back to simple bolt on product testing here in the next month or so.

Just a little side note. Dont drink the Kool-Aid or get blinded by the billet bling. Sometimes OEM parts will outperform all the hype even on upgraded turbo setups. Like intake manifolds...........

which intake manifolds have you guys been able to test?

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida

LMFAO! This is why I'm hated other than being an asshole, been saying this for a while. :D

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Did not see much solid power gains that I would be taking the factory fan off a daily driver. Especially with the issues we have scene with a couple of the aftermarket electronic fan suppliers.

We did some very extensive dyno testing a few years ago between compound turbo and the Procharger setups we offered at the time. Given the cost factor involved in making a procharger setup work compounded with a turbo the benefits are just not there to make it a marketable product. Especially with how far turbo technology has come the past couple years the need to resolve the lack of instant throttle response in comparison to gains from Supercharger - Turbo has been drastically improved the past years as well.

Red fuel made a little more power.

I noticed after we moved from pa to Ohio and started using a new fuel distributor, mine ran better as well, satterlee must not run any additives and I quit changing fuel filters as much

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
You mentioned a 250-300 degree difference in egt from side to side. Which side reads higher?

I have an EGT probe in both manifolds on mine, the passenger side is about 50 degrees higher at idle, with my foot about 3/4 throttle into it from a stop the passenger side climbs faster by about 2-300 degrees than the drivers then levels off when I let up and cruise....
=
=
rcpzr8.jpg

=
=

Last edited:

kregel diesel

baskel mechanical
Oct 29, 2013
lethbridge AB
any new up dates on the difference between intake manifolds? in the middle of building a lb7 and wondering if its worth while to build a set of manifolds or if a bigger y bridge is good enough.