Limped ATS today, ???

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
trans coming out. removed pan, clutch material and metal, fluid starting to turn.

less than 9000 miles since ATS rebuild at ATS. pissed.

Post number 17 I told you to drop the pan ,cut to. The chase. There's no in reality tree of diagnostic on a ATS transmission . When they shit the bed drop the pan that's the only tree you need to climb! :roflmao:

What is ATS going to cover? Unless they are going to foot the whole bill plus warranty the repair I wouldn't do it. Myself I'd put Alto clutches in there and nothing else. I do hope your builder can and will clean out the debris which will require a complete disassembly . Box it up and send it to Mike if the West coast is closer. If you decide to use this core and it's not prep properly for a rebuild you'll be revisiting this problem in a month or less!

Good luck

launchpad

Mar 4, 2011
ATS has been great really, they don't technically have to cover squat as per their warranty. They don't transfer between owners.

They will either ship me rebuild kit and converter with core, or I can ship Trans to them and they will cover everything but shipping.

The dude I have rebuilding is was recommend by dynamite diesel here in the NW. That's who does all their high power stuff.

launchpad

Mar 4, 2011
NAh I just meant if someone local has to open it up and replace everything it would be 5-6k.

I don't know what a ats rebuild kit costs, haven't looked.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
For 5-6K you can just about get a complete Suncoast with TC drop in complete. Man you'd be a happy camper then! IF I were to do it all over again that is what I would do. :thumb:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
ATS has been great really, they don't technically have to cover squat as per their warranty. They don't transfer between owners.

They will either ship me rebuild kit and converter with core, or I can ship Trans to them and they will cover everything but shipping.

The dude I have rebuilding is was recommend by dynamite diesel here in the NW. That's who does all their high power stuff.

If you do this, you will be back here again with the same complaints.

quentomania

Feb 3, 2009
When a guy like Mike tells you you have junk parts in your trans build, it's not cause he needs the business, it's cause he knows what he's talking about.