limp mode?

bigboytoy426

Jun 30, 2012
grand rapids michigan
accidentally hit limp mode on the highway on my 110 hp tune. wasnt beating on it rolled into it and hit 85mph and hit neutral but was in drive. i stopped and cleard the code and everything was fine until i hit the brakes or cranked the steering. it chattered almost like ABS but it sounds like its coming from the power steering when i lay the brake down when the hoods open? any ideas?

bigboytoy426

Jun 30, 2012
grand rapids michigan
Yea it was defitantly low. Just weird it happened all at the same time. I was guessing that's what it was.how long do I got before I built my tranny? Someone else was driving and he didn't nail it but just gave it a little gas and went to "neutral" but then was fine then the brakes went nuts

bigboytoy426

Jun 30, 2012
grand rapids michigan
Brakes and steering are making a hell of a racket again. Anyone know what will cause this? I have a video ill upload later. This is the 3rd time its done this , usually it goes away. The pedal and steering wheel vibrate almost like the abs is on but a little diffrent. There is fluid in the pump. It did it when I cranked the wheel to turn into my parking spot. Brake pedal feels weird when the truck is off too. My 97's pedal would be soft with the truck off untill you pumped it a few times to get the vaccum out then it would be soft. The pedal is soft with the truck off now but never really pushed it before this problem. Didn't notice the normal brake booster on the firewall like my last truck.

1978steven

USMC
Nov 3, 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
There is not a brake booster it's a hydro boost, pressure driven from your power steering like stated above. Depending on how low your power steering was you could have started to cavatate the pump itself.

bigboytoy426

Jun 30, 2012
grand rapids michigan
How can I get it to stop cavitating if that's what it is doing? Hopefully its not hurting it because i can't reallhy work on it until Friday. Hopefully, it fixes its self liike the last two times lol. I read about broken shafts in the pump and it almost sounds like something just isn't grabbing but I know nothing about steering or hydroboosters.