Lighting

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Have an 08 lmm. Want some brand suggestions on CCFL Halo style headlights and LED rears/third brake light. What have y'all had the best luck with. Thanks y'all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

howard8448

L33T
Mar 21, 2015
Oceanside, CA
I just had a set built by the retrofitmasters. They have them listed on their website (the only ones for a 2006 Silverado). I didn't get any halos or anything crazy but they can do that type of work. The plus side to custom headlights is you get better projectors and you can pick exactly what you want within reason. Downside is the cost, unless you have the time to do it yourself. As for the rear lights I went with the Spyder LED.... They are still working after a year and are bright as heck. Be careful with the third brake light, the one I got off amazon the bed lights don't work. It is a known issue with that brand, sorry I can't remember. I hope that helps a bit.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
I just had a set built by the retrofitmasters. They have them listed on their website (the only ones for a 2006 Silverado). I didn't get any halos or anything crazy but they can do that type of work. The plus side to custom headlights is you get better projectors and you can pick exactly what you want within reason. Downside is the cost, unless you have the time to do it yourself. As for the rear lights I went with the Spyder LED.... They are still working after a year and are bright as heck. Be careful with the third brake light, the one I got off amazon the bed lights don't work. It is a known issue with that brand, sorry I can't remember. I hope that helps a bit.
Yeah, I went with spyder CCFL Halo headlights and LED tail lights. The install was pretty easy. I just wish they would design it with a replacement plug and play harness so you didn't have to splice. I still had the original set of amber incandescent bulbs in and forgot about the LED load issue/hyper blink. So of course I had to go back in after installing the amber LED turn signal bulbs and put in the load resistors. I had to buy 4 total. They were the Sylvania 6ohm, 1 per LED bulb. Stopped the hyper blink and I'm happy so far with the product. Thanks for the reply.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
On edit: I had the original incandescent bulbs and the amber shell was flaking off so I decided to change them to amber LED s*