Lift removal Q?

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
Ok so I currently have a 6" pro comp lift that I'm wanting to remove and I know I need some factory parts but I don't know what all I need.

I know for sure I need the crossmember that sits under the front diff, the Cognito ear piece for the diff that got cut off, and bump stops.

But since this is mostly my dd and more of a road queen do I need to weld in the bump stop bracket? I never haul ass over pot holes or speed bumps so is it 100% necessary?

As for my over all search is there anything else I'm missing? I don't know anybody around my area with a stock 2500 to compare suspension with and I don't wanna look like loon looking at other peoples trucks in parking lots haha

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
If it were me I would post up on craigslist in your area or what not to swap everything over with someone who has a stock susp truck... They pay for the labor to have everything swapped over as well as any additional you might want!

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
Over on DF a guy offered me a trade but he is from Texas and I'm in SoCal, he said he would be willing to ship but I'd rather take it off and sell it to him straight up. I'm pretty sure I can find the cross member and numb stops at a pick and pull and I plan to this weekend. I'd hate to have the guy have his truck on stands for however long it takes

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Instead of ripping the lift off and selling it, why don't you try and "minimize" the lift height? Like, lower the t-bars and remove the lift blocks from the spring packs, then see how you like it....

Lots of guys here run lift kits at their lowest possible potential and it looks pretty good:thumb:

I can actually get my 4" lift to sit as low or lower than my stock suspension was with the t-bars cranked all the way up :D

Just food for thought, I don't know what your goals or intentions are...

Good luck:)

dirtyduramax05

4 doors for more whores
Nov 23, 2013
myrtle beach sc
you would need shocks and spindles unless it is a upper controll arm drop kit stock sway arm bolts and you would need to take the spacers that are between the cvs and the diff out but i would do what he said and ditch the blocks and turn the keys down just enough to keep it from riding like a old lincon if u turn them down to much it will float like a boat