Lift pump?

DmaxDrew

Dec 24, 2014
Texas
Can you shorten the hoses on an air dog? Seem a little long? How much do shops charge to install a lift? Roughly speeking? Or how much have you paid to have it installed? Thanks

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
The install kit should contain two double barbed connectors so you can cut the excess hose out and couple it back together. AD is not difficult to install, just make sure you have good tools to disconnect the fuel fittings, cheap ones are not worth it here. I took my time installing mine and spent about two 2 hour sessions, I spent some extra time routing and labeling the wiring to make it clean and easy to troubleshoot if needed.

Last edited:

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Can't speak for the hoses on the latest air dogs but the ones from a few years ago came with cheesy barbed unions. Cut the hoses and push them together using the barbed fitting.
We get 2-3 hours @$93/hr to install FASS systems. Pretty similar but the hoses are cut to length.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
It's an easy install just take your time.

The AD2 is even easier to install right?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DmaxDrew

Dec 24, 2014
Texas
I have anothe question I've always wondered about. If my lift pump fails with it leave me stranded or will the cp3 still pull from the tank?

POWDR

Lame
Jan 24, 2013
Timberlakes
It's extremely easy to install. Follow the instructions and be glad you saved the money.

Also Thoroughbred has a how to on youtube if you want a vid to go along with the directions. It is pretty long but very thorough. Really it is an easy job.