Lift Pump removal of stock fuel filter

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Most people leave the stock filter in place. It can theoretically harm flow a bit, but the lift pump shouldn't have any problem with it.

I deleted mine years ago and haven't had any problems. If you keep yours, I would look into doing the Nicktane adapter and run the CAT filter instead of the stock one.

More discussion about the stock filter head [THREAD=71363]here[/THREAD].

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
I just run a delete bowl, if my lift pump ever fails while I'm on the road I can just throw a filter on and be on my way. That being said, I am collecting parts to delete the factory lines all together and just run braided hoses with a distribution block straight to my pumps.

D_R_C

Retired
Oct 31, 2011
Rocky Top, USA
The extra filteration by keeping the stock filter after adding a lift pump is only a good thing.
Usually the lift pump filters have a little better filteration over stock anyways.
Besides you can easily go with 2 lift pump filter changes to 1 stock filter change.

I'm not a fan of the Nicktain adapter and the Cat filters, I prefer to stick with using the RACOR PFF 50216-coalescer-fuel-filter, with the billet plug in place of the cheezy plastic water seperator.
Been running this way for over 5 years with my AirDog. :)