Leveling kits

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Just cranks the bars if you want to raise the front a little. That's about all a leveling kit will do on these trucks. If you want to go much higher than the torsion bars will adjust, you might as well get a 4" lift.

Hartdiesel

Feb 8, 2009
How do i adjust the torision bars?? PIcs?? this is the first ifs truck i have owned and have no idea how

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Crawl under your truck. Look at the lower control arm. You should see a bar with a hex end that goes into the control arm close to it's pivot point on the frame. Follow it back to the crossmember that is at the back of the transmission. On the bottom side of that crossmember you should see a bolt on either side a few inches from the center line of that bar. Tighten it a few turns and it should lift the truck up a couple of inches.

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
go with the cognito leveling kit you wont regret. you can just crank the t bars but when when the suspension drops it will hit the bump stops. all of the cam type leveling kits will hit the stops too

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I have had no problems with my truck hitting the bump stops when I crank the bars with stock upper control arms. Maybe my bars are sagging a little or something because I have had my bars cranked all the way and still never had a problem with that.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Make sure if you crank your bars to jack the front end up first to get the front tires off the gound.

If you dont you'll prob strip the T Bar bolts. Ive done it.:eek:

Corrod95

Dec 28, 2008
Illinois
check this out ccmoffroad on ebay
I have this on my truck , it will lift the rear 2 inches and the front 3 I got mine for $185 shipped you will probably want to get new longer shocks, I did
looks really good with 33"s had to do some minor trimming of the plastic on the GMC not sure about the chevy. this is with 18x9 rims that move the tires out a little. maybe no trimming with stock rims. it says the kit will clear 35" with some trimming but I don't think so