LLY: Level truck question

jjnyenhuis27

Oct 5, 2018
Hello All,

I just bought a completely stock 2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax. After having it for a couple days, I would like to level the truck. I think it has too much rake to the front. What is the easiest way to do this? Is it to adjust the torsion keys? Can I get enough lift by doing just that?

Also, if I do that with the torsion keys, will all of the suspension angles remain ok?

Sorry for all the questions, especially if they are easy answers. I am new to the diesel scene, and would Iike to make this truck my own. It only has 43,000 miles, so I plan on having this truck for quite a while.

Thanks.

Jeremy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
I'd do a reverse level and put some drop shackles on it. Then adjust the t bars if need be. Other wise do a full suspension kit and drop the front down to match

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Just cranking the T bars results in increased upper ball joint wear (which can be handled by upgraded upper control arms) and poor ride (which can't be fixed without a real lift kit). If you raise the ride height off the jounce bumpers, it doesn't have the nice progressive suspension as designed, and many people complain about the ride. A few don't notice.

I second the reverse level. Drop the rear 2" with some drop shackles. You keep your ride, suspension life, and get the nice level look.

That or get a 4" lift kit, and adjust it down to 2". That has the additional advantage of putting your CV angles level, which holds up much better for 4x4 launches.

You can search on this forum and see all the different things people have done over the years, and all the pluses and minuses. I just summarized the basics, best I can remember at the moment.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk