Level or lift

Buckshot85

Jan 17, 2020
Wanted some input. I know this has been a opinion based thing but would you guys recommend a leveling kit or lift for my 2015 duramax. First truck I’ve had with torsion bars and seems only wicked customs has a good true leveling kit with drop differential. However for $900 I thought about just getting a zone 5” lift instead. if anyone has any experience with zone. I had new 35’s to put on my old truck but traded it in. Just seen many bad things about leveling kits riding bad.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
I had a 5" zone on my 13 lml dually. truck rode like stock. cv shafts were nice and level. My lmm had leveling keys and shock extenders. it rode/rides like complete garbage. I know there are better leveling kits that drop the diff, and have UCA'S to help with the uca riding on the stop but they dont do anything for tie rod angles. Personally I'd never level a truck again. Its stock or a full lift for me.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
Customer has a 2015 Sierra with cognito’s leveling kit with 35’s and his truck rides pretty good. Fox shocks as well. I prefer leveling kits over lifts.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
It’s not just a ride issue, it’s the additional leverage a level does to the steering, additional scrub put on the wheel hubs and increased cv angle on boots.

I’d rather do a drop shackle on the 19 and older to level