Lets see your pullers on your trailer...

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
I have been looking at some 30+5 for our three pulling tractors. Cant decide on a make tho. Anyone have a big tex or Appalachian trailers?

Friend of mine has a 25' Appalachian for pulling his tractors and when I looked at it before I bought mine I wasn't impressed. The craftsmanship wasn't the best, it just seemed cheap to me.

He just told me last weekend that he had to do some welding on it over the winter cause he found some of the factory welds were cracking.

My opinion would be to stay away from them

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
Friend of mine has a 25' Appalachian for pulling his tractors and when I looked at it before I bought mine I wasn't impressed. The craftsmanship wasn't the best, it just seemed cheap to me.

He just told me last weekend that he had to do some welding on it over the winter cause he found some of the factory welds were cracking.

My opinion would be to stay away from them

I have heard that from a few others also. I havent heard anything bad about big tex or kauffmen trailers. I guess ill be in the market for one of those 2

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Josh H on here said he thought the big Texs had poor craftsman ship. Ive only looked at a few up close, and all the owners seemed to be happy. Def not the best trailer out there, but the price is right, if money wasnt an issue id probably just buy a Titan.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
MaxPowr LB7

Sorry Matt,

I had too!
picture.php
picture.php
:thumb:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
we bought the same trailer Pete back in October. I wouldn't recommend loading the truck with all the weight forward like that, instead load backwards or slide the weights under the truck over the axles, just from experience. That and running 60psi in the bags, and pitching the deck an inch past level at the goose made it ride 10 times better.

I was pretty close at buying one myself but she brought up a good point. She asked if I traveled along a lot of toll roads, and I do. The extra axle would have added up over the year well over the 'savings' of me buying it over a tandem dual trailer. Also the oil bath axles vs bearing was half the frequency for servicing.

Might as well post a few picks of the trailer I got too :D

Here is when I picked it up from Kaufman...

IMAG0812.jpg

Ran up to Kentucky and picked up Rich's new truck from Garrick.

IMAG0813.jpg

IMAG0814.jpg

When I got home we put my room mates truck on there just see for room and what not, and to bust a friends chops with a few pics :hug:

396507_591580117255_71400783_31800745_1833090428_n.jpg

Next weekend I ended up hauling a load of hay for my parents, kinda glad I got such a big trailer and Im using for more than just pulling.

IMAG0824.jpg

This past weekend I tried to clean it up best I could and did a few things. I ended up putting on a set of mudflaps from the boys...:D

IMAG0831.jpg

I also mounted the spare tire for my truck(or any other 8 lug truck)on top of the trailer spare using some threaded rod. Looks kinda goofy but serves a great purpose and keeps plenty of room.

IMAG0837.jpg

When we 1st got my trailer I couldnt believe how long it was and was nervous that I bought one that was too big(25+5). However after having my roommates truck on there, along with Rich's truck Im very glad I got the longer trailer for extra room on the deck. Tandem duals tow like a dream, follows right behind you and very stable. So far Im very happy with the trailer and look forward to using it throughout the season. Thanks for all the advise you guys chimed it with! :thumb:

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
Here's some of my trucks and loads :thumb:. Kodiak now has a western hauler style bed on it cause the Monroe bed was too tall for the gooseneck. I like Titan trailers myself but this new 40' I bought doesn't seem as stout as the 33' I had so IDK if they cheapened them up or what. The 40'er with 12K axles and hydrolic disc brakes ran me $15K picked up at the plant last May.
Pull trucks are dirty and look well used because they still work for a living.

Attachments

• 100_1548.JPG
    100_1548.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 100_1549.JPG
    100_1549.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 158
  • videos 423.jpg
    videos 423.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 161
  • videos 142.jpg
    videos 142.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 144
  • videos 467.jpg
    videos 467.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
Exactly and you can bend axles if you're not carefull. Have a neighbor whos bent his before from turning too sharp on un-even ground with a load.
I like tandem duallys myself :thumb:.

Yes triples wear tires. And when you get a flat you MUST stop and change it. with a double tandem you just keep rolling along :thumb:

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
Very nice. If you dont mind me asking, what does it retail for up there?

Thanks. Up north approx 10k~12k. Only grip with the Kaufman so far is the paint isnt the greatest. Other than that Im happy with it.

we bought the same trailer Pete back in October. I wouldn't recommend loading the truck with all the weight forward like that, instead load backwards or slide the weights under the truck over the axles, just from experience. That and running 60psi in the bags, and pitching the deck an inch past level at the goose made it ride 10 times better.

Note taken. We just picked up the trailer and it was already running down hill to begin with. However, I am really glad I moved it up that far on the trailer. On the way home, we hit a nasty hail storm. We were going up some pretty steep grades about 30mph and couldnt see a thing. Truck never slipped out or walked to spin so I was very thankful for that. Gonna run a few test runs and see where she likes to ride and go from there.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
This is how we roll...lol

Right now my ramp are just the standard pin-up ramps, I wish I had those ones you have. But my idea was to take the ramps off, make them store-able under the deck and load our golf cart on the front like that. I like your toolboxes too, but clearance like that would get us in trouble up here in the fields we have to park in. I would like to have slideout storage for a small generator and compressor and welder though.