LLY: LED coversion

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
well been working on my LED coversion and all i got left it doors, radio, and steering wheel which i aint figured out how to get them out lol
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

n0useforaname

knows your mom
Apr 16, 2009
Doors: Don't know if they have one here, but on duramaxforum the user towmaster did a write up that shows you how to get your doors apart in like 5 minutes...very good DIY....it's what I used.

Steering Wheel: I just disconnected my bulbs...I had 3MM LEDS bought, but for the life of me could not fit 2 leds and 2 resistors inside those little buttons....if you figure out how to do it, let me know! And also, read ALL airbag warnings before you decide to take off your steering wheel!

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
Doors: Don't know if they have one here, but on duramaxforum the user towmaster did a write up that shows you how to get your doors apart in like 5 minutes...very good DIY....it's what I used.

Steering Wheel: I just disconnected my bulbs...I had 3MM LEDS bought, but for the life of me could not fit 2 leds and 2 resistors inside those little buttons....if you figure out how to do it, let me know! And also, read ALL airbag warnings before you decide to take off your steering wheel!

i cant find anything on how to get the door switchs out

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I'm about to start small, by replacing the steering wheel lights with some resistorless leds..

God, I hope this works...

let me know if they work and post a pic cuz i want to do my steering wheel switchs also

n0useforaname

knows your mom
Apr 16, 2009
i cant find anything on how to get the door switchs out

Hope I don't get in trouble for posting this but: http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/how-tos-diy-write-ups/16570-door-panel-removal.html

Read that to get your doors off...you have to take them off to get your switches out.....once they are off there is a Screw holding in the door switches....it's located at the top of the switch that is facing the front of the truck...you can't miss it...after that be VERY careful and just snap it out! Also remember, the passenger side......CAKE WALK.....driver side...not so much. The driver side switch when you take it apart has 2 motherboards in it on 2 different levels and it uses clear plastic to transfer the light through 4 LEDs. So basically be cafeful, pay attention to how it's in there and good luck!

And I never heard of a resistorless LED...you'd def. need a SMALL one of those to work in those door switches....it's super tight....I had mine apart :)

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
tne four thanks man i was reading a fourm on duramaxforum and the guy said the webpage was ic-leds.com im pretty sure.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
very nice! jsut ordered red ones to do HVAC and switches. dont have that fancy steering wheel control stuff like the 03 and up :D. oh and the 01-02 are jsut a 194bulb plug in so just get the 194 style leds and the cluster is done! lol

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
ok so i just took apart my door and there is lil squard lights in the switchs. r they led? do they already have resisters on them? do u have to get the square ones to put back in?