LBZ: Leaking tranny lines & soft brake pedal ?????

metron

Sep 13, 2012
Buffalo, NY
So I've noticed a small slow leak coming from the factory transmission lines. At the same time I also noticed the brake pedal feeling softer than normal. Also hearing a whining noise (similar to a power steering pump that has air in it).
Any correlation or should I start chasing more problems?

THANKX

jc1843

Sep 27, 2009
So Calf
The leaky trans lines is a common problem for some trucks-- Some have stated the problem is a poor crimp where the hose attached to the lines. Some vendors have a repair kit. Others just buy new lines from GM.

If the power steering pump is low on fluid, it can affect the power brakes, as the hydro booster uses hydraulic fluid to assist brakes, and for steering assist. Check the reservoir. It will not affect the trans line leak you have.

metron

Sep 13, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I replaced the tranny lines today, so far leak free. Im gonna do a power steering fluid flush & go from there.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I replaced the tranny lines today, so far leak free. Im gonna do a power steering fluid flush & go from there.

You might want to look into the High Pressure Power Steering lines that AllSeasons (DHD) sells while you're at it, they're a quality set of braided lines, nice product :thumb: