Question: Leaf spring brackets

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Just curious as to if I need them oem leaf spring brackets on the leafs to keep them from moving at all? I am not sure the exact name of these but they are a bracket with what looks to be padding on the insides I think. One on each side of leaf pack.. I use spring clamps and was wondering if that is fine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Make sure you use the spring clamps. They help keep the leafs together wwhen under accel or decel.

Its a huge issue on a crawler lol. I found that out the hard way

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I've always cut them off when I pull leafs

Makes me feel better lol, yeah that's the main reason I use the sping clamps to keep them from moving side to side or something. I'll be doing the same setup as you Brian for a drop. Your single cab is coming along nicely!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Definitely use spring clamps like James said, My caltracs hold the front leaf's together, so im not worried too much about it. Might throw a spring clamp on the rears just for safety though.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Yeah I'm ordering a set of traction bars soon, either caltracs or a bds kit. How many leafs do you run in the rear Brian? I'm trying to get a true 4" drop in rear. Ordered a set of mcgaughy keys so should be about 2" of drop in the front.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Yes I think that's what they are, they are on the trucks leafs stock. They come up and around the leafs. But I should be safe running spring clamps in place of them on both sides of leafs like said before.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Can you put anything in the back of it with out the truck sagging horribly? Lol

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
nope, its probably way worse than his colorado. that thing could barely hold my torn down dmax block without bottoming out. that was fun on cali freeways :roflmao: