Leaf bushings

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
So I'm trying to put these caltracs on and my problem is this...

My front leaf spring bushing bolts are seized in there all together. The bolt spins but won't come out of the bushing. I've tried pounding it out with a hammer after a few days of soaking it in pb blaster and still no dice.. I'm really hoping I don't have to cut them but if worst comes to worse I will... Any tips? If I do have to cut the bolts out what size do I need to replace them?

Also to be clear its both sides. I'm not hitting the tank on the drivers side bolt just so nobody thinks that's the problem.

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
Just cut the bolts on both sides and either drill or burn out the rubber part and cut the sleeve out. Only way. Get a really hard bit if you drill them, I snapped two right away. I just went through this.

I got prothanes to replace them. Urathane parts goes in by hang and just tap the middle part in with a hammer.

The bolts a local semi shop looked up and had them on hand. Just remember they were silver and say torque on the head.

Last edited:

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
Just cut the bolts on both sides and either drill or burn out the rubber part and cut the sleeve out. Only ways. Get a really hard bit if you drill them. I just went through this.

I got prothanes to replace them. Urathane parts goes in by hang and just tap the middle part in with a hammer.

Did you buy the bolts from gm or a hardware store? I'm willing to resort to cutting but just want to make sure I have the parts on hand first.

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
I'm sure any dealer would have them. I got mine from the shop that works on my truck but a local semi suspension place had them in stock too. I just told him I need the bolts for the front leaf spring bushings and he looked it up in a minute

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
Just an update. I got it all out and the caltracs on.

I had to cut both ends of the bolts carefully, then drilled the rubber bushing out till I could remove the inner bushing sleeve. After that I used a saw zaw and cut the outter shell till I could fold it to the center with a flat head. Just a heads up for those who have bolts seized in the inner bushing sleeve.