lbz vs cummins?

POWER Freak

Nov 20, 2008
Idaho
The duramax generally has a weight advantage. Also, if he has big huge tires they will slow him down. You need to get a lift pump and give that Cummins a run.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Then it would be called winning and not racing

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Rowing gears will slow him down too..... The more I read the more confidence I have that you'll give him a run for his money. If your trans isn't too hurt and you have a big enough tune it should be a close one.

The 13.2@106 I ran was on stock trans with lift pump and PPE 300 tune, and mine is CC/LB

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Thought in the original post the dodge had a built trans? Built manual ain't gonna be faster it will just be stronger.

DmaxDrew

Dec 24, 2014
Texas
Newbie here guys. So what makes a built trans and lift pump so much faster than stock? Shifts faster/ more fuel?

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Newbie here guys. So what makes a built trans and lift pump so much faster than stock? Shifts faster/ more fuel?

Allison cant hold that much power stock. Clutches don't slip. Gets the power to the ground. These trucks don't have a pump to feed cp3. So on a hot tune the cp3 can't suck enough fuel to supply itsel . So the lift pump takes care of that.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Lift pump helps CP3 out by giving positive pressure to it, so it is better able to keep rail pressure from dropping off as fast. This isnt a "fix" for an already weak CP3, but it does help.

Built trans, besides being able to actually handle a hotter tune, can also increase the amount of power you are actually getting to the ground. I remember years ago at Kennedy's, when Merchant built Nate's trans right there in front of everyone, they did a before/after dyno with same tuning. There was a +50hp diff with the built trans.

lucas6.6

Aug 20, 2014
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
If he can't do a good 3rd gear launch I don't know if he could catch back up in a 1/4mile.

Thought in the original post the dodge had a built trans? Built manual ain't gonna be faster it will just be stronger.

I mis-spoke in the original post, it is a manual but it has an aftermarket dual disc clutch. I haven't talked to the guy in a week or so, hoping to line up not this weekend but the next. Hot tune on my truck is 135hp. Is it worth airing down my tires? If so how low should they be?