LBZ transmission leak, I can not locate it

VEfreak

Oct 18, 2018
I got a problem and maybe you can help me.

My 2006 LBZ is leaking off of the bell housing where it mates up to the engine block. I stuck my finger inside the bell housing and felt around. No oil in there so I don't think it's coming from the torque converter. I can't find a trail of oil up the side anywhere. I'm really going crazy trying to find this leak, and was hoping maybe this is a common problem with a well known fix.

I tried to upload pictures but the website keeps saying I'm missing a security token. Maybe a mod can help me with that.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

VEfreak

Oct 18, 2018
So I pressure washed the engine/transmission then took it for a drive. I got back and the leak pretty bad, but now I could see where it was coming from. Turns out it's coming from a small coolant hose that seems to feed the turbo housing.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
I had the same problem, leaking down the drivers side. Some days it was there and then nothing for a couple of weeks. Then finally it started to leak bad. Ended up being the oil cooler leaking coolant. Thought it was tranny fluid with the small amount and almost the same color. Good idea GM on making two fluids almost the same color.

I had checked the turbo coolant lines first and was good.

VEfreak

Oct 18, 2018
I definitely plan on replacing all the coolant hoses with silicone hoses in the near future. Cheap insurance, plus the bottom radiator hose looks pretty beat up and feels too soft. Gonna have to wait a few months though, as the wife is already mad at how much I've spent on this truck since I bought it, even though I practically stole it from the last owner :woott: