EFILive LBZ Switch instructions

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Does anyone know what gauge the ecm wires are? I want to buy a multi-conductor wire to run into the cab to make things cleaner and want to get the right gauge for the pins.

Brian1

Jan 1, 2008
Does not take much as gauge size goes. I do not know the current DSP5 switches one can buy for LB7 or LLY use. I say 22 gauge be plenty. But maybe Cindy from EFILive might help others.

Brian

Dec 2, 2006
TN
I just bought a Radio Shack rotary switch, I wouldn't recommend this thing. It's crap.

It doesn't even come with a knob to turn it.

Also,

Will a 5 Position work, or does it have to be 6?

bushmaster

Aug 21, 2009
ok, so the pins you guys are talking about for these switches, you are referring to the pins on the ends of the wires on the switch that would click into the spots on the plug (crimp on the wires and insert in big plastic plug with all the wires in it) on the ECM correct?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
ok, so the pins you guys are talking about for these switches, you are referring to the pins on the ends of the wires on the switch that would click into the spots on the plug (crimp on the wires and insert in big plastic plug with all the wires in it) on the ECM correct?

Here is a pic I borrowed from SoCal Diesel website. It's an LB7 but you get the idea :D

LB7DSP5_switch_FrontA.JPG

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Its a 5 position rotary switch and will have resistors to limit the current. IT will need to have the correct terminals for the LBZ/LMM on the ends to plug into the harness.

It will prolly be your best bet to buy from a vendor as they already have been proven to work correctly.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Its a 5 position rotary switch and will have resistors to limit the current. IT will need to have the correct terminals for the LBZ/LMM on the ends to plug into the harness.

It will prolly be your best bet to buy from a vendor as they already have been proven to work correctly.

I have the terminals. But, I don't like then dinky switches nor the looks.

Something like this would be nice:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Y1011U2C2WCNQE.jpg
    Y1011U2C2WCNQE.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 122