LBZ Main journal Bore size needed.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Thanks, I never visited that area because it said something about Vin checks;). Am I missing the Main Journal bore? I see the ID (3.1453"?) of what I would think is the the main bearing, but not the bore itself.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Thanks, I never visited that area because it said something about Vin checks;). Am I missing the Main Journal bore? I see the ID (3.1453"?) of what I would think is the the main bearing, but not the bore itself.

Thats the service limit of the crank journal. Take the production value...or whatever the crank is, add clearence, and mic a bearing and add double that and theres your measurement.

There is no main spec on that sheet. Perhaps Henry may be able to come up with something.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
is this what your looking for ?

Attachments

• JOURNAL SPECS.jpg
    JOURNAL SPECS.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 54
  • UntitledGGG.jpg
    UntitledGGG.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
If its the motor we were talking about the caps are numbered,and it should be line honed since your not sure if there the ones for that motor.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
It varies for each build. Take the actaul diameter of the crank pin + the actual thickness of both bearing half measured at the crown+ the bearing clearence you desire. That equals the size of the main bore.:)

Any machine shop worth a darn should be able to figure it out. If they cant I would pack my junk and go else where.