LBZ/LMM .tun file question

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
From another board:

"I was going to upload a few tunes but then I remembered that I need to re-save them with the newest version of EFI as they would be no good for any full flashes.

So if any one is uploading LBZ or LMM tunes please do this so we do not mess anyone up. As the older tunes do not have enough info in them to do a full flash."

What is EFI's take on this? Is this true? Would the files not update as soon as you open them with the newer version of EFI anyhow?

When you update your software to build 77 for full flashing, you need to read the instructions that go along with it. This explains what needs to be done and why. One of these steps is

"Before you can reflash the LBZ / LMM ECM with any of your existing .tun files, you must first load the file in to the (updated) EFILive V7.5.5 (Build 77) software, then resave the .tun file again. EFILive will automatically alter the file in preperation for a full flash to a ECM, the existing .tun files from previous software versions did not contain enough data in them, by saving the file it will be full flash ready. It will also increase the file size by about 500K"

You'll find the full instructions here http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=9671

Cheers
Cindy

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Right. Ok thanks and I will keep this in mind when I update in a couple weeks. I will also hold off from updating any more libraries:D

Ok, another question.
The new locking feature that is available on the LBZ/LMM, it says that it means that the ECM can be still re-flashed, but not read.

What happens if the dealer tries to read the ecm with the tech II? Does it basically come up as a malfunctioning ecm that won't communicate?
If they reflash with the tech II, can they now read it?
Are things like the CVN count accessible to be read still when it is locked after a tech II reflash?

Last edited:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I opened a older tune and made no changes, when I went to close EFI it asked to save changes. It seems to automaticly update the tune files (if you save the changes)

Right. Ok thanks and I will keep this in mind when I update in a couple weeks. I will also hold off from updating any more libraries:D

Ok, another question.
The new locking feature that is available on the LBZ/LMM, it says that it means that the ECM can be still re-flashed, but not read.

What happens if the dealer tries to read the ecm with the tech II? Does it basically come up as a malfunctioning ecm that won't communicate?
If they reflash with the tech II, can they now read it?
Are things like the CVN count accessible to be read still when it is locked after a tech II reflash?

A Tech II doesn't read an ECM, so that won't be a problem. The Tech II can still flash the ECM, and given locking doesn't prevent flashing no error will be displayed/detected. Once the ECM has been reflashed, the file can now be read out unless locking was requested during the reflash process. Tech II doesn't have the option to lock an ECM, so this would need to be via EFILive.

CVN is always accessable irrespective of the locked/unlocked status of the ECM.

Cheers
Cindy