LML LBZ-LMM-LML intake bridge

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Im currently working with a customer on an LML swap into a Hummer...the tall/bulky intake manifold/EGR setup on the LML is obviously proving to be a PITA in the tight Hummer engine bay.

He is going to rip all the EGR components off, and I suggested he swap to one of Tony's cast intake bridges. Now the question is, will this LBZ/LMM intake bridge work on the LML intake manifolds (some people call them "clam shells" I guess)??? Or is he going to have to swap over to LBZ/LMM intake manifolds to get the LBZ/LMM intake bridge to work?

http://dirtyhookerdiesel.com/i-1490...per-high-flow-cast-intake-bridge-lbz-lmm.html

thanks
Ben

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
He will have to swap intake manifolds also. One of the lower bolts is about a hole off.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
He will have to swap intake manifolds also. One of the lower bolts is about a hole off.

Damn. Alright so Ill have him track down some LBZ/LMM intake runners too.

When you say "about a hole off"....could he just ream out one of the holes on the bridge assembly and make it work? Or is he really going to have to pull the turbo and swap runners?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Ill take a picture later today and post it for you to see. I would try to make it work with the lml runners if possible because I doubt the rails will bolt up from lml to lbz.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Ill take a picture later today and post it for you to see. I would try to make it work with the lml runners if possible because I doubt the rails will bolt up from lml to lbz.

That would be awesome, thanks AJ!

Just want to get as much crap off of the top of this LML and make it as compact/easy to plumb as possible in the cramped Hummer H1 engine bay...

You guys really should see how much wire I removed from the LML engine harness to make it standalone. Fills a 5-gallon bucket! All for emissions stuff...about 10x as much wire as I remove for the standard 01-07 standalone harnesses that I do.

Kory is hooking me up with a VATS-disable tune and all that, should be an awesome project when done. :thumb:

Ben

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Not sure it will clear the pump and lines, etc. Might want to look it over good before pulling the trigger.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Not sure how All Season's works but here's pics of the fuel line issues with ours. May also be a turbo clearance problem.

Attachments

• 100_5797.jpg
    100_5797.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 101

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Is the turbo really mounted differently than on the previous trucks?

I just really hope there is some way to make it work....because the stock LML funky intake thing is way too tall. The guy was originally going to make a cowl hood to clear it...but I told him to hold off if there is a way to adapt other parts

SDP

AKA Dmax15
Dec 20, 2008
Port Angeles, WA
This is what we did on the LML y-bridge for the twin kits Ben, if you need some help with it let me know.

Attachments

• LML y-bridge.JPG
    LML y-bridge.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 103