LBZ/LMM Full Flashing update

Henry,

I honestly don't know if EFILive will fix your ECM. It seems the Tech II can recover your ECM for a period of time then it goes bad again - perhaps it's actually an ECM issue??? In any case, we've had word that a number of LBZ doorstops have now been recovered with EFILive, so there is every chance it will be a success.

At this stage, it looks like we'll move full flashing from BETA to public release in time for Christmas.

On another note, some LBZ to LMM and vice versa testing has been done. The Bosch ECM prevents the flash. More importantly, the ECM is recoverable should anyone accidently try.

Cheers
Cindy

DmaxHawk

Ranch with my Salad
Oct 28, 2008
the 575
Henry,

I honestly don't know if EFILive will fix your ECM. It seems the Tech II can recover your ECM for a period of time then it goes bad again - perhaps it's actually an ECM issue??? In any case, we've had word that a number of LBZ doorstops have now been recovered with EFILive, so there is every chance it will be a success.

At this stage, it looks like we'll move full flashing from BETA to public release in time for Christmas.

On another note, some LBZ to LMM and vice versa testing has been done. The Bosch ECM prevents the flash. More importantly, the ECM is recoverable should anyone accidently try.

Cheers
Cindy

What a wonderful Christmas present! Thanks Cindy and to all at EFI!:hug:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So does this mean switch-on-the-fly capabilities for the LBZ/LMM by the New Year??

Also, how do we do the switching? Do we build tunes the same way we do for the DSP switching in the older trucks?

What a wonderful Christmas present! Thanks Cindy and to all at EFI!:hug:

I'm told that the update should be available within a day or 2.

So does this mean switch-on-the-fly capabilities for the LBZ/LMM by the New Year??

Also, how do we do the switching? Do we build tunes the same way we do for the DSP switching in the older trucks?

Unfortunately not this new year. It means that point 1 and point 2 from my original post have been complete. Point 3 - writing DSP code is yet to commence.

The building of tunes/creating DSP will be the same as LB7 and LLY. Switching will be via V2.

Cheers
Cindy

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
I'm told that the update should be available within a day or 2.

Unfortunately not this new year. It means that point 1 and point 2 from my original post have been complete. Point 3 - writing DSP code is yet to commence.

The building of tunes/creating DSP will be the same as LB7 and LLY. Switching will be via V2.

Cheers
Cindy

what about stand alone flashing cindy ? can this be done now tht full flashing can be done ? this in its self would be a huge help Thank for all the good work

what about stand alone flashing cindy ? can this be done now tht full flashing can be done ? this in its self would be a huge help Thank for all the good work

Standalone flashing is a seperate project and isn't ready for release.

Paul writes all our software, and Ross writes all our calibration/vehicle information. Ross couldn't progress DSP or full flashing until Paul assisted on the software side. Now the function is added they can both go back to their own projects - Paul standalone functions, Ross DSP for LBZ/LMM

Cheers
Cindy