LBZ/LMM Full Flash & Locking NOW RELEASED!

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
very cool :) thanks guys! were there any new tables in the release or just the flashing?:hug:

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
My initial instructions were not clear - my bad. Our download process has changed to move away from HUGE downloads. We now create a general release, then incremental releases. The general release is on our website and the incremental releases can only be installed by clicking on Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Tools->Check for New Updates.

If you are running 7.5.5 (build 72 or 74), then all you need to do is click Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Tools->Check for New Updates and install build 77. This will install this functionality. Please confirm your build number if you are still having problems.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, can you please go back over the instructions and make sure you follow them word for word.

Cheers
Cindy

Hi cindy i downloaded the other auto update followed the instructions and still no go ? any sugjestions tired with 2 diffrent ecms

Attachments

• efibuild#.jpg
    efibuild#.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 14

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Why you think you need this feature?
At this stage we've received less than a handful of requests and to be honest most of those requests don't have a valid reason why they want it - "just because" it's available for other controllers seems to be the main theme.

Cheers
Cindy

Well, why do so many people flash a 2001 OS into their 5 speed TCMs? because the OS got "Smarter" over the years, and with power changes, the 01's tend to work best while retaining shift quality. For the 4th gen features that appear to have been removed after the 2006 MY are the Upshift and Kickdown Adaptive learn. If someone wanted to turn them off in a later truck, they'd have to flash the older OS in, which isn't currently possible.

If you know how to do it, why not release it, even if to switch from full to partial flash meant changing a file or three? If you don't know how to do it, then I guess I can see the point of not putting a lot of R&D into it since it's not a highly requested feature.

Hi cindy i downloaded the other auto update followed the instructions and still no go ? any sugjestions tired with 2 diffrent ecms

It shows in your screen shot that you don't have your USB cable plugged in. You MUST plug FlashScan into your PC BEFORE opening the tuning tool.

Another suggestion, does your firmware match the firmware listed in the instructions?

Cheers
Cindy

Well, why do so many people flash a 2001 OS into their 5 speed TCMs? because the OS got "Smarter" over the years, and with power changes, the 01's tend to work best while retaining shift quality. For the 4th gen features that appear to have been removed after the 2006 MY are the Upshift and Kickdown Adaptive learn. If someone wanted to turn them off in a later truck, they'd have to flash the older OS in, which isn't currently possible.

If you know how to do it, why not release it, even if to switch from full to partial flash meant changing a file or three? If you don't know how to do it, then I guess I can see the point of not putting a lot of R&D into it since it's not a highly requested feature.

We've already looked at 6 speed full flashing, and it's not pretty. A full read takes around an hour which stopped development in it's tracks - we won't be going down that path.

If there is value in providing a feature we will look into it. My question comes about because many people EXPECT a feature because it's been done before without thinking of the value it may provide or quantifying why it may be needed. For us to consider developing a feature we need users to quantify the value of the feature.

Cheers
Cindy

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
It shows in your screen shot that you don't have your USB cable plugged in. You MUST plug FlashScan into your PC BEFORE opening the tuning tool.

Another suggestion, does your firmware match the firmware listed in the instructions?

Cheers
Cindy

NO I just posted tht so you could see the build # i have tried it with the v2 plugged into the truck and the comp. firmware versions are correct :confused: