Lbz into 02 zf6

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well it runs, turns out I was going in circles with the data lines. I had to remove the twisted pair for the gpcm to get things talking. Starting with a manual harness would have been much easier.

Now to get my oil cooler sealed up, and a tune to get the engine broken in before I start on the body work. This is starting to look like a 3 year project :roflmao:

Rookie.

Im going on 6 years now....:roflmao:

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
Rookie.

Im going on 6 years now....:roflmao:

I was close to giving up on it. The LBZ sounds so smooth, especially out of an s480. Just pulling it out of the shop and turning it around was all the motivation I need for another 2 years.

camelhauler

camelhauler
Mar 16, 2012
lake county cal.
Russ at NorCal can make the harness for you, however the tuning from my understanding was limited to only one tune he spent copious amounts of time getting right for the 02 and lb7 ecm.

I've been talking to him these past few weeks about my 02 zf6. The lack of tuning and concerns of reliability on the swap to a LLY/LBZ has swayed me away from the idea.
HI my mechanic is stumped at the overlay for the wiring harness for the LB7 to LBZ swap , he is doing for me. I'm in Lake county CA. Can you please send me Russ at NorCAL contact info ? thank you Malcolm

Jadetrost

Mar 25, 2024
Bronx, NY
I sold my lmm recently and still have a built long block.
I'm having trouble selling it, so I've been thinking about using it.

Found an 02 zf6 with no engine. Using a harness from Ben would like to use my lbz block, heads, vvt, ect.

I realize wiring and cooling stack will be an issue. My question is the flywheel. My lbz was balanced with a factory one from an auto truck. Do I need to order a flywheel for an 06 lly/zf truck? Or will the lb7 one be fine?
Excited to see what turbo setup you go with, I'm having trouble deciding between n20 or a turbo.