LBZ Fuel Filter trouble

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Hello all,

I have a buddy who has an LBZ 07 model. He has efi tuning and a fass 150. He had his wif sensor come loose in his fuel filter. I had him put a new baldwin filter on with a billet plug. Now the billet plug is coming loose leaking fuel. I measured his lift pump psi @ 9.5PSI. Has anyone seen this happen before? He told me he tightened the wif sensor on the old filter to the point he thought it was gonna almost break and it still came loose. Same thing with the new filter and billet plug. Any ideas?

FSUwelder1212

Oct 18, 2012
I've heard quite a few people have issues with filters other than AC Delco/Racor filters with the WIF sensor threads being screwed up in the filter not letting it seal. Not a lot to really go wrong there, I would throw a racor or AC delco on and see if it happens again. Maybe Baldwin had a bad batch of filters. Was the filter you changed out a Baldwin? Also I am assuming you are using the O Ring, but if not, that needs to be on there.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
I've heard quite a few people have issues with filters other than AC Delco/Racor filters with the WIF sensor threads being screwed up in the filter not letting it seal. Not a lot to really go wrong there, I would throw a racor or AC delco on and see if it happens again. Maybe Baldwin had a bad batch of filters. Was the filter you changed out a Baldwin? Also I am assuming you are using the O Ring, but if not, that needs to be on there.

Ya the oring is on and his previous filter was a wix. I have personally never seen this with any filter. It is basically somehow loosening the billet plug in the bottom of the filter over a small amount of time. The same was happening with his wif sensor on the wix filter. Its like there is an ungodly amount of psi or who knows never seen this before. psi measures 9.5psi????

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Psi has nothing to do with it loosening up. There is some other issue like bad threads. These are plastic filters right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Question. Why not just delete the filter all together. He has a fass so no need for a prime button or water separator or filter.